the NES games are being wasted...

#1RPGMaster95Posted 7/29/2011 10:26:05 PM
they need to be in 3D. excite bike and xevious get 3D effect but original zelda and mario bros dont?

we already have them on the nes, gba, wii, gc, and for many people pc, xbox, psp, etc...

i dont care if theyre free cuz youre an ambassador or you pay money, there is nothing exciting about these ports to me.

3d layering in 2d games is win, free stuff you can already shadily get for free or may already have bought multiple times is not.
#2VyersPosted 7/29/2011 10:27:09 PM
RPG Master95 posted...
they need to be in 3D. excite bike and xevious get 3D effect but original zelda and mario bros dont?

we already have them on the nes, gba, wii, gc, and for many people pc, xbox, psp, etc...

i dont care if theyre free cuz youre an ambassador or you pay money, there is nothing exciting about these ports to me.

3d layering in 2d games is win, free stuff you can already shadily get for free or may already have bought multiple times is not.

It takes both time and money to make NES games 3D. Xevious was a remake, not a port with 3D effects slapped on.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#3RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 10:39:45 PM
what the hell is the point of making a 3d system and promise 3d classics if the devs are just gonna complain how hard it is and that they failed at planning? lol
#4VyersPosted 7/29/2011 10:43:32 PM
RPG Master95 posted...
what the hell is the point of making a 3d system and promise 3d classics if the devs are just gonna complain how hard it is and that they failed at planning? lol

Because at some point, it's better to cut their losses. 3D is a visual gimmick; the games are just as fun without them.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#5cheeseyrox2Posted 7/29/2011 10:45:22 PM(edited)
TC. These are free games. You're getting them for free. No, enough with the $80 nonsense. You didn't see this coming. If I claimed that Nintendo would be giving 20 free games to 3DS owners earlier this week, no one would believe me. Nintendo didn't force you to buy the system for $250. That was your decision. Be glad Nintendo is even doing this, sometimes companies do squat.

Nintendo is thanking faithful early adopters.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 222
#6BrownbearbobPosted 7/29/2011 10:47:23 PM
Nintendo said once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.
Now it sounds very possible (but not definite) that they might turn out to be 3D Classics and then we (the Ambassadors) will get them for free.
---
MK Wii: 2578-3499-0780
SSBB: 0216-0543-4680