Transferring Data from one 3DS to another

#1kingmathyouPosted 7/29/2011 11:42:00 PM
I am thinking about buying a 3DS because of the recent price drop, but I have a question first. I know Nintendo loves to update their handheld systems multiple times in their lifetime. If I bought a 3DS now and had a bunch of games from the eShop on it (including Ambassador Program games) would I be able to transfer those games onto the 3DS lite when that comes out? I know obviously 3DS lite has no details yet, but is there a way that you can currently do that from 3DS to 3DS? Thxnk faQserZ
#2kingmathyou(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 8:55:00 AM
Bumpy
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.8
#3LordAndrewPosted 7/30/2011 8:56:06 AM
System transfer is not yet available. We might not even get it until there's a new model.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#4xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 8:56:35 AM
No transfer ability from 3DS to 3DS as of right now. It's something Nintendo has stated that will be coming down the road...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#5kingmathyou(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 9:05:58 AM
Okay thank you. As long as it's coming out in the future I can have piece of mind.
#6xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 10:30:50 AM
kingmathyou posted...
Okay thank you. As long as it's coming out in the future I can have piece of mind.

No problem, and this is the message just to reiterate it from Nintendo's Support Site.

"Transferring Software From One Nintendo 3DS to Another Nintendo 3DS

Description:

Information on the ability to transfer Nintendo 3DS software to another Nintendo 3DS system.

Information:

There will be a method available that will allow players to do a limited number of software transfers between two Nintendo 3DS systems. This feature won’t be available until a future update, which may be up to several months after the launch of the Nintendo 3DS.

More information on this process will be available on our support site and at www.nintendo.com/3ds once it becomes available."
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."