this holiday will mark the future of dedicated handheld gaming

#1GimeaPosted 7/30/2011 2:22:29 AM
With the PS Vita getting released and the 3DS going all-out with a lot of AAA games, I feel like it's now or nothing for dedicated handheld gaming.

If this holiday won't meet the expectations, then I think phone gaming has done the final and lethal stab..
---
Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgao249jNg
#2GogglesFrogPosted 7/30/2011 2:44:14 AM
I hate this board....
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#3marsboy12345Posted 7/30/2011 2:46:36 AM
^Then why are you on it?
---
Sign the official Mega Man Legends 3 petition:
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/609523-mega-man-legends-3-prototype-version/59861635
#4AznkagePosted 7/30/2011 2:46:37 AM
This board makes me laugh.
---
[insert signature here]
#5kamikaze135Posted 7/30/2011 2:50:59 AM
Quote:This board makes me laugh.
@Aznkage

Yep...this board is full of people who don't seem to go beyond a random thought before posting. Makes me laugh, too.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.8
#6so64Posted 7/30/2011 2:54:13 AM
The dedicated handheld market will be fine. I mean, you do not see the PC video game market being hindered by the console market, do you? Now granted the market is somewhat affected by mobile gaming; however the mobile gaming market will not supplant the dedicated market anytime soon IMHO.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com
My dragon egg is dead. Thanks guys. Also, blue cheese is evil and the creator should be flogged.
#7seanskatePosted 7/30/2011 2:54:21 AM
Why is it so hard for people to get this?

I consider myself a 'core' gamer. i have all consoles and lots of games.. yet i still can't justify a 35 dollar psp game when one 20 dollar iTunes card lets me buy enough popcorn games to last me weeks.
---
PSN = BakerBoard
XBL = ClickedButton
#8artificialjunkPosted 7/30/2011 2:58:41 AM
The same reason crappy flash games did not kill consoles or pc gaming. Not everyone likes wasting money on trash. It's like buying two dollar tshirts that just fall apart, when you could buying something quality. If you can't justify 35 dollars on something like tactics ogre, that just makes you a moron. Good thing not everyone is a moron.
#9paulinkPosted 7/30/2011 3:43:47 AM
I've played my share of mobile games on my ipod touch and let me tell you, it's not going to replace real gaming handhelds without the help of actual buttons and directional pad. Touch games are fun for a couple of minutes but then you move on to the next thing.
The people who dedicate their gaming time on a mobile device like a phone are not core gamers.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#10GogglesFrogPosted 7/30/2011 3:46:03 AM
marsboy12345 posted...
^Then why are you on it?

Cuz up until a few days ago it was starting to be about gaming again.

Though That's no longer the case, so I shall take me leave.
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.