nintendo is only half right....

#1konel01Posted 7/30/2011 3:30:25 AM
casual gamers made the original DS a huge success. those CG that once played $30 for Brain Age are now playing Words With Friends that was free.

the price drop will help but it isn't enough. the eshop needs to be a success. the app store and the android market place has changed mobile gaming forever. nintendo's eshop games are Way TOO Expensive. nintendo could at least price the same games around the same price as the app store. plant vs zombies looks better on the iphone and costs less than 1/2 of the price of the DSi version (app store $2.99 vs eShop $7.99).. WTH! can u imagine angry birds hitting the eShop?! would be it be priced at? $7.99 maybe?

imagine all GB games at $.99 and GBC games at $1.99. GBA games at $2.99. Sounds nice huh? how many would u pick up at that price.

getting Excitebike for free was cool, right? how about 3DS Classics free the first week of release and $4.99 afterwords.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3746-0045 / GameCenter (iPhone): KonEL01
PSN: KonEL_01 / WEB: Twitter.com/KonEL01
#2DarkHeroRavenPosted 7/30/2011 3:33:45 AM
I agree with eShop price reductions... you can be sure I'd be more willing to buy more of the VC games at lower prices.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC: 3866-8144-2758 | I am a brony. IMO: Pinkie = Applejack > Fluttershy > Rarity > Rainbow > Twilight
#3Baha05Posted 7/30/2011 3:40:47 AM
Nawwwww
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 7/30/2011 3:42:56 AM
Yeah I agree. It's far too expensive, just because the games on the Virtual Console are what Nintendo consider classics, doesn't mean they're worth the money. There are far deeper games on iOS for the same price or less.
---
GT: McPoo
#5GogglesFrogPosted 7/30/2011 3:45:12 AM
Everyone's an expert now.
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#6mcsmellingtonPosted 7/30/2011 3:52:25 AM
GogglesFrog posted...

You don't need to be an expert to see Nintendo overcharge on their e-store compared to any other.
---
GT: McPoo
#7paulinkPosted 7/30/2011 3:54:49 AM
Two things, at least regarding the US prices

Brain age was always $20 and 3d classics are $6

And for my opinion, the android marketplace and the Nintendo eshop marketplace are not the same thing and shouldn't be compared by price, rather quality. Nintendo eshop games have to go through getting an esrb rating (not cheap) as well as testing the game all around to iron out the bugs. They can't just put out a pretty great game and constantly patch it to remedy the bugs (this happens a lot for IOS games).

I think Nintendo might be taking it a little too slow with their releases, and because of the above mentioned things, it's a lot harder to get a game on the eshop for independent developers. The android/ios marketplace is pretty much a sea of crap, sure there are a few pretty good games here and there but it's definitely not consistent. With things like the gb vc, upcoming NES vc games, and 3dsware games, it's easier to justify a higher price for quality stuff.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#8FalloutZXPosted 7/30/2011 3:56:57 AM
mcsmellington posted...
GogglesFrog posted...

You don't need to be an expert to see Nintendo overcharge on their e-store compared to any other.

i believe no 3d excitebike is like 5 or 10 bucks at a store or online. and mario land is like 10 or 15 bucks. obviously no one is an expert
#9vyseskiesPosted 7/30/2011 4:36:15 AM
they just need games.
---
03/24/11 -18:18 PM : We need a Smash bros. sequel with balancing chars and competitive play.