Sigh...

#1hutchyhutchyPosted 7/30/2011 5:27:52 AM
I REALLY want to buy a 3DS, even before the price drop. But the wait for a game that I'd play is killing me here.

I've already played through OoT at least twenty times, and MQ once on the GC.
Mercenaries doesn't really appeal to me; I'd rather wait for Revelations.

Do DS games look better at least?
---
WHY THE **** DO I SEE DEAD PEOPLE WHERE THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE?
#2Cammie_DunawayPosted 7/30/2011 5:28:35 AM
Do DS games look better at least?

They look worse.
#3Dragongod165Posted 7/30/2011 5:28:39 AM
Sadly, no.
---
"I forgot gamefaqs is the place where all the wall street stock analysts hang out." - Karmic DJ
#4paulinkPosted 7/30/2011 5:32:19 AM
I'm sure there is at least one title that might appeal to you. I have 9 games with the 10th one coming in, and after the price drop it's almost criminal not to pick one up. Unless you want the 20 free games, which is a pretty pricey perk but welcomed I guess.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#5hutchyhutchy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 5:38:06 AM
Thing is, I can buy a PSP for almost half the price, the visuals will still be an upgrade from my DSi, and I'll have access to an already established library.
---
#6SB_Posted 7/30/2011 5:51:06 AM
Simple answer is to just save your money and hold out for a bit, letting the library bulk up with more of a selection of games you know you'll want to play. You've waited this long and get rewarded now with a price drop, so a bit longer will net some fun action on the go. The only thing that kills that is most of the big names won't be here til the holiday season, but new hardware and all, so that's usually how that works.

You mention the PSP, and I'd like to point out that Sony will probably do like Nintendo did with the DS once the 3DS was out, and lower their pricing on the older units so they won't be competing with the Vita in sales this holiday season. Actually, I'd advise due to the time til it launches, to just save your money up instead and get a Vita if you're comfortable with that option, if you really want the PSP experience. Lose out on UMD, but most of the worthwhile games are on the PSN, and get dual analog support just for playing on Vita supposedly, as well as some kind of upscaling benefits due to larger screen and texturing voodoo.

Just wondering, but what games ARE you waiting for on the 3DS?
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
Feel free to add me and let me know, always interested in fun
#7hutchyhutchy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 5:57:36 AM
Layton vs Gyakuten (which I would import because I know Japanese, were it not for region locking)
Kingdom Hearts
Revelations
SSB
Devil Survivor

to name a few.
---
#8SB_Posted 7/30/2011 6:10:29 AM
With a list like that, it's easy to understand your frustration. Looking it over, only Devil Survivor is set to come out this year, while the rest are all set for March or later of 2012, so sounding a bit like a fancy paperweight unless something under the radar catches your eyes.

Best advice I can give is to snag Devil Survivor when it comes out next month somehow, since Atlus always does limted prints on their games, and just tuck it away til you're ready to get a 3DS. Outside of that... Get a 3DS like most at Bestbuy or some other price guarantee place like Toys R US, register for Ambassador status, then get your $80 back after the drop and invest it into Gamefly so you can have full access to the library of DS + 3DS games til your must buys hit?
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
Feel free to add me and let me know, always interested in fun