Why can't the PSV and 3DS get along?

#1VermineaterPosted 7/30/2011 5:44:09 AM
Isn't there room for both systems and for fans of each to enjoy each others company with constructive arguments?

I personally love each system equally. Coming off of being a long time sega fan, then a nintendo fan, to not a fanboy in any way, I realize each system has its ups and down.

The PSV having pretty much a full controller is impressive. While I care not for the graphical fidelity, (I'd prefer a lesser power with better battery life) the back touch pad and the stable of games Sony can produce are impressive. Also, there social networking and the PSN are far ahead of the 3DS. While they are at a disadvantage (not being able to use PSP games on it, the 3DS price drop, etc.), I hope Sony can pull through and make the system a success, and I hope to own one someday.

The 3DS is now becoming a cheaper option, and will probably help it sell better. With a few good games coming out later this year, (Personally, I want Kid Icarus, and Mario Kart) it is also a fine handheld. I don't like 3D as much, but with a third-party battery pack and turning it off, it has a respectable battery life, as well as plenty of promised first party support. At this point, I'd expect the 3DS to start out better than the PSV, if only due to the price drop.

Both systems have advantages and disadvantages. Neither can fully replicate what the other does. I hope we can all get along and become best friends. :D
---
VE - http://i.imgur.com/kL7QD.png
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me
#2SakurafanboyPosted 7/30/2011 5:45:19 AM
They're like oil and gasoline...
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#3NikLinkPosted 7/30/2011 5:47:25 AM
A: Fanboys.
#4GamerCzarPosted 7/30/2011 6:01:19 AM
You have a very good point. I quit being a fanboy when I realized how annoying they can be >.<
---
Proud owner of the 3DS and the Paperboy message board.
Wanna exchange FC's? Then send me a PM containg your 3DS FC.
#5Soccer009Posted 7/30/2011 6:16:35 AM
honestly i have both a ds lite and the original psp (the big fat one like a brick) and i like my psp better and looking at everything once i get the Vita think Nintendo will win it cause i love my 3DS :)
#6vgfanboyPosted 7/30/2011 6:19:56 AM
Its mostly the fanboys who create all the drama. Sometimes i think people have more fun arguing about consoles online than actually playing games for their systems.
#7Vermineater(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 6:30:50 AM
Vita and PSP are both good systems. Though, people acting like PSV will crush 3DS are probably the same that said that about the PSP vs. the DS.
---
VE - http://i.imgur.com/kL7QD.png
"Oh well, looks like we got a professor of exiting houses here!" -Yukito, about me