Do you think Nintendo works harder to innovate than most other game companies?

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 6:27:51 AM
You have to admire their desire to always try something new. Whether it fails or succeeds, it seems they're always trying to think outside the box. Seems that all the other companies tend to copy and some even improve.

How would you compare Nintendo to Apple in innovation?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2Ben ReillyPosted 7/30/2011 6:29:17 AM
Neither one is as innovative as people claim.

But Nintendo is definitely more so than Apple.

Name 1 innovation that Apple created?
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#3FirePaperMarioPosted 7/30/2011 6:29:45 AM
Nintendo has always been innovative and that's one reason they're great. Apple? I'm not going to say they're not "innovative", but damn, they overprice like hell.
---
Music solves everything.
#4xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 6:30:44 AM
iPod. Do I need to go on?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
#5FelineCyborgPosted 7/30/2011 6:31:00 AM
funny TC i remember people saying the same about sega.

look where they are now
---
"I can't enjoy anything unless everybody is, one guy starving some place puts a crimp on my evening" - Woody Allen
#6Ben ReillyPosted 7/30/2011 6:31:15 AM
FirePaperMario posted...
Nintendo has always been innovative and that's one reason they're great. Apple? I'm not going to say they're not "innovative", but damn, they overprice like hell.

Well I am going to say it, Apple is NOT innovative, and they are overpriced like hell.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#7Ben ReillyPosted 7/30/2011 6:33:09 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...

iPOD?

LOL

You realize portable MP3 players existed before the ipod right? Also that said MP3 players had more features and actually worked better and cost less than the ipod right?

Just because something sales well doesn't make it innovative.

Unless of course you believe Call of Duty is innovating FPSs every year.
---
#8xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 6:35:54 AM
Ben Reilly posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...

iPOD?

LOL

You realize portable MP3 players existed before the ipod right? Also that said MP3 players had more features and actually worked better and cost less than the ipod right?

Just because something sales well doesn't make it innovative.

Unless of course you believe Call of Duty is innovating FPSs every year.

The iPod took the MP3 players to an all new level. You can deny it all you want but by the very term of what innovation is, the iPod, iPad and iPhone are clearly innovative. You can hate on them all you want but they set new standards that anyone who has a pulse has to acknowledge. Fan or not, they've all affected their respective categories ten-fold.
---
#9Metroid_LimePosted 7/30/2011 6:37:36 AM
Apple? Innovation? It's grammatically incorrect in the English language to use those two together in a sentence.

Nintendo has been pretty innovative. I can't recall, but weren't they the first ones with a D-pad? And the analog stick. And as much as I hate it, they did make motion control into something big. And the glasses-free 3D is a cool idea, even if I think it's gimmicky.

So Nintendo=Innovcative.
Apple=Overpriced hardware.
---
"I miss the days when I used to be nostalgic."
Pokemon Black: Matt 4727 7820 6661
#10xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 6:41:02 AM
Lol... people just love to hate on Apple. People seem to think that innovation is the same as invention. Whatever. No sense in trying to explain when people aren't open to an opinion and instead come into a discussion with their eyes closed. But back to the main reason I posted...

I find it funny that Sony and Microsoft seem to always follow what Nintendo does and the only issue there is that they have a lot of time to refine the tech and sometimes will improve upon it. I'll always regard Nintendo as being a leader in trying to always pioneer something new.
---