My opinion of this whole Price-guarantee crowd Vs Original Adopters fiasco

#1xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 7:06:15 AM
Let me see if I have this correct.

So a consumer that's been on the fence about the 3DS is now finally interested in buying one. They see the opportunity to get it (eventually) for $169 as well as getting the 20 free games for becoming an ambassador. Fellow gamers on here are mad at these people even though by doing this, it affects them in NO way and simply brings more people into the community.

Original adopters are mad at people like myself who will take advantage of an opportunity and claim they'd never do the same thing if given the same situation. Since when did it become the norm to root for the big companies and bash your fellow gamers? This can only help to strengthen the community with more players yet because of this 'deal', people are crying foul.

Are people really this self-centered or am I missing something? I've never seen so much hate against someone taking advantage of a legitimate and LEGAL opportunity.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#2theBughunterPosted 7/30/2011 7:08:47 AM
This is GameFAQs though, were you come across a lot of ignorant and/or stupid people.
---
101-11=10
#3ChronosknightPosted 7/30/2011 7:10:30 AM
Yes you are correct. You've restated what has already been said in countless other topics on these boards.
#4endoflevelbossPosted 7/30/2011 7:11:38 AM
My opinion is that I should be the only one to get the free games. Me. Not anyone else. Me.
#5OzymandiasIVPosted 7/30/2011 7:11:50 AM

Original adopters are mad at people like myself who will take advantage of an opportunity and claim they'd never do the same thing if given the same situation. Since when did it become the norm to root for the big companies and bash your fellow gamers? This can only help to strengthen the community with more players yet because of this 'deal', people are crying foul.

Because you're potentially damaging the industry, or, in this case, the company, and that's the last thing I want. I more interested in Nintendo, who has provided me with some damn fine gaming opportunities, over my self-entitled "fellow gamers" who do nothing but ***** and complain and feel like Nintendo owes them the world on a silver platter just because they bought their products.
---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#6Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/30/2011 7:12:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7LuuthianPosted 7/30/2011 7:13:22 AM
It's lame, bug Bughunter's right... What are you going to do?

Early adopters are always the beta testers, and it's been common knowledge for many years that prices on things drop with time. They only have themselves to blame for adopting early and paying so much. The people who waited and are now receiving both the 20 games and the $169.99 price? They were simply more patient, and better rewarded.

Accept it as a lesson for next time. Don't hate everyone else for your unfortunate compulsion to buy early.
---
The power is in your mind, to shake the planets and conquer time
Where's Waldo married Carmen Sandiego... And no one found their wedding! .
#8Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/30/2011 7:13:41 AM
PolluxFrost47 posted...
Because you're potentially damaging the industry, or, in this case, the company, and that's the last thing I want. I more interested in Nintendo, who has provided me with some damn fine gaming opportunities, over my self-entitled "fellow gamers" who do nothing but ***** and complain and feel like Nintendo owes them the world on a silver platter just because they bought their products.

Actually, they do. They are a corporation. You are a consumer.

You are acting like a corporate tool.
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#9xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 7:16:24 AM
PolluxFrost47 posted...
...over my self-entitled "fellow gamers" who do nothing but ***** and complain and feel like Nintendo owes them the world on a silver platter just because they bought their products.

Sorry but the only people I see b****ing about Nintendo owing them the world are the early adopters. That's the crowd that is crying the most right now. Those of us that are potentially new to the 3DS aren't expecting a damn thing - we're simply utilizing all the tools available to us to get the best deal we can.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#10LuuthianPosted 7/30/2011 7:21:15 AM
I like how Pollux is saying that by BUYING NINTENDO'S HARDWARE people are actually harming them....

HARMING THEM HOW? They are officially selling the system for $169.99 in several days. The people using price matching would simply be waiting an extra few days to buy the system anyways, so Nintendo isn't losing out on any money they "could" have made. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the people using price matching to get 20 free games might not have bought the 3DS anyways if not for this opportunity. So Nintendo is actually generating MORE sales than they otherwise might have.

As long as this price drop turns things around, it's worth it. Why would ANY Nintendo fan complain that people are buying Nintendo's product, regardless of price?

The sheer idiocy of people whining over this is just silly.
---
The power is in your mind, to shake the planets and conquer time
Where's Waldo married Carmen Sandiego... And no one found their wedding! .