My opinion of this whole Price-guarantee crowd Vs Original Adopters fiasco

#21FrankGrimeyPosted 7/30/2011 11:00:45 AM
I can't believe this is even an issue...if Nintendo was inclined to, they could limit it..but they don't care to...so other people shouldn't. They're still getting a system sold regardless....and the talk of "loss" over some digital games is laughable.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#22CrazeePeterPosted 7/30/2011 11:02:24 AM
Un_Flugel posted...
If I didn't have a 3DS already I'd be going for the reduced price and 20 free games tbqh.

Me as well. I am glad that more people will buy the 3DS which will greatly expand the user base. What the hell is wrong with that?

BTW has ne1 been to the Vita board lately? My god all they're talking about is the 3DS! lol
---
3DS FC: 0259-0340-5574
#23MINJI20Posted 7/30/2011 11:03:16 AM
People are probably mad that because they wasted an extra 80 dollars, they should have a right to get the extra 20 games. But when somebody else comes and gets the 3DS for $169 AND get the free games, they feel irritated because the "replacement gift" that was supposed to be for them, is now given to people who got the 3DS cheap.
#24chrono625Posted 7/30/2011 11:04:19 AM
TrentHawkins posted...
Morality wise...I think it's kind of giving a big middle finger to the people the 20 free games were meant for and is greedy as hell, but who cares about anyone other than themselves in this day and age?

That aside, I highly doubt it's going to work come august 12. Retailers have the perfect excuse to exclude the 3DS from their normal price-matching. And at $80 a pop, the chances of then not taking it are exceedingly slim.

What exactly is the perfect excuse?

scenario A: Guy buys 3DS, 3DS drops $80 in price the next day. Goes to store to get his price adjustment as per policy.

scenario B: Guy buys 3DS knowing the price is dropping tomorrow, 3DS drops $80 as planned. Goes to store to get his price adjustment as per policy.

What is the difference besides knowing there was a price drop? Which in itself is an inevitable part of the electronics industry.

They aren't losing sales on the 20 free games because A. You need a system to buy them and most people I know are buying a 3DS because of this and B. The GBA games will never be on sale so they won't lose any sales there.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#25stromvancouverPosted 7/30/2011 11:11:38 AM
I understand why people are trying this. It's a risk vs. reward situation. They are waging $80 that they can get 2o games for free. I personally don't like to gamble with money, but I get it. Even if a few people do get away with doing this, I think retailers will still come out on top.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif
#26chrono625Posted 7/30/2011 11:16:13 AM
stromvancouver posted...
I understand why people are trying this. It's a risk vs. reward situation. They are waging $80 that they can get 2o games for free. I personally don't like to gamble with money, but I get it. Even if a few people do get away with doing this, I think retailers will still come out on top.

It isn't a gamble if you put a value on those games.

If you were on the fence about a 3DS you either now have the opportunity to...

1 - Get the system with 20 free e-shop games.

2 - Get the system for $169.99.

3 - Get the system for $169.99 and get the 20 games.

I don't see how ANYONE loses in this situation. If you don't feel the 20 games are worth your time or extra money or an attempt at getting both, wait until august 12th.
---
http://harryskorner.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lebrick.jpg - Skip Bayless is my idol
#27stromvancouverPosted 7/30/2011 11:47:23 AM(edited)
The gamble is paying $80 more than the buyer intended to. I think a person should buy it at $250 if they really want the games, but don't expect to get the price match. I'm sure retailers has some loopholes of their own.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif
#28LuuthianPosted 7/30/2011 5:10:57 PM
Let's just be clear that these are DIGITAL FILES. Not physical media. These games have already been created, paid for, and make back far more than their fair share of money.

Many people are buying these for the SECOND TIME. Nintendo is generating additional cash with these releases. Many people are already entitled to these games, as they've already owned them. As for the people who haven't... What is Nintendo losing out on? They are pushing you a few megabytes through the air. You are paying them dollars for what costs them mere cents in bandwidth. Or, in this case, you are taking part in a deal which Nintendo willingly created for the consumer.

No one loses here. Nintendo can't lose money on digital games because there is no money to lose to begin with. If anything, this potentially works out better, as I said before, because people who might have opted out on the 3DS are now buying them simply to get these games. And by owning the system, they become consumers. Eventually the majority of them will buy a game, or two, or more.

Everyone needs to stop reflecting on this situation so negatively. If you're truly a Nintendo fan, appreciate that Nintendo is making sales and moving units. This is one of those loopholes where the end outcome can't be anything but positive.
---
The power is in your mind, to shake the planets and conquer time
Where's Waldo married Carmen Sandiego... And no one found their wedding! .
#29xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 5:21:15 PM
Bladin posted...
I'm sick of this whole gamer buddy buddy schtick. We share a hobby, not a domestic partnership or even a friendship. We aren't a community of like minded individuals, and we aren't a group of rebels banding together against "the man".

If you honestly feel what your doing is right and just, then we will never see eye to eye.

Frankly we don't want you to have the free games, and frankly you don't have a right to them. Disagree? Blow it out your ear. You'll do the match, get them, play them, whatever.

There's no point in argueing, just know that by doing this you are doing it out of a sense of entitlement, and what your doing is no difference then piracy except you'll feel justified because you aren't breaking any laws that weren't gonna effect you anyway.

Just don't bring it up anymore.

LOL.so what we're doing is the same as piracy yet one is legal and the other isn't. Uhm... yeah ok. Get that piracy crap out of this topic, it has nothing to do with it. As to seeing eye to eye with you, yeah I really don't care about that.

You can stand up high and mighty on your morality ladder and pretend you don't do a single thing in life that is morally questionable. Good for you. I'll use my right as a consumer to get a deal when one presents itself. Don't like it? Oh well.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."