Maybe they should delay the Wii U to concentrate on 3ds ?

#1crazybotPosted 7/30/2011 7:28:58 AM
The big N has dev problems that take them forever in getting games out. Part of the problem is they are probably split in teams working on Wii U games and some on 3ds. So maybe they should delay the Wii U ? At this point, it may be too late to do this though. But they have got to find a way to get games out faster.
#2Masked ManPosted 7/30/2011 7:36:35 AM
The problem is actually reverse for each platform currently.

3DS is lacking software and 3rd party support, so Nintendo is gonna have to honestly step in and fix it like they're trying with TWO Mario games this holiday rush as well all those first party games announced at E3. The price wasn't doing them any favors, but they did fix that, so now it's a test of software and time to see where things go.

WiiU has tons of outside companies interested in it with big name titles lined up for it's launch and later. The only problem it's got right now is the whole not existing on the market, and possibly a pricing stigma from the core fanbase if the reactions of the 3DS drop are any indication.
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
Feel free to add me and let me know, always interested in fun
#3neotimPosted 7/30/2011 8:14:25 AM
they need to focus on what they are working on and fully support what they have out. nintendo is about to repeat what they did in 97....with the virual boy and n64....its exactly the same thing all over again.....they released a great new portable that no other company has....and then pused aside to get the new console out.....no support for the vb and it was all n64. they then dropped the vb price.....and thats wat started the fade out of wat could have been a big win for nintendo....and now it seems the 3ds is bout to share the same fate as the virual boy with this wii u.
---
pkmn blk fc-4598-9389-6974. 3DS FC-0774-4246-6840 Name-OpTIMus
#4crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 8:38:33 AM
I agree with what being stated. Unless they are willing to invest in new dev teams or start buying into other teams out there, they will always have this problem. They are too closed in. It's as if they don't want anyone else coming into the company. If the Wii U wasn't on the horizon, we'd probably be getting 3 or 4 more games coming out of Nintendo for the 3ds beyond what has been announced. But half the company is probably developing for the Wii U. What good is all this hardware, if it splits up the dev teams causing massive delays for both platforms ? They are overextended, and they don't have 3rd parties on board, to carry the load. Either reach out to these companies and create partnerships right away, like they did on GameCube. Or spend the money for more dev teams and get the software out there.
#5neotimPosted 7/30/2011 8:05:51 PM
totally agree there. nintendo is nothing like it was in the 80s and early 90s.
---
pkmn blk fc-4598-9389-6974. 3DS FC-0774-4246-6840 Name-OpTIMus
#6FelineCyborgPosted 7/30/2011 8:12:45 PM
totally agree there. nintendo is nothing like it was in the 80s and early 90s.

no s***? name me one gaming company that hasn't changed with the times
---
"I can't enjoy anything unless everybody is, one guy starving some place puts a crimp on my evening" - Woody Allen
#7NamekianClownPosted 7/30/2011 8:15:45 PM
Masked Man posted...
WiiU has tons of outside companies interested in it with big name titles lined up for it's launch and later.

Think back to E3 2010. The 3DS lineup looked great, with trailers for tons of games and interviews with 3rd parties saying how exited they were for it. Point is null until it actually comes out, then you can say the Wii U has a better lineup.
---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc
#8TulkiPosted 7/30/2011 8:17:18 PM
no s***? name me one gaming company that hasn't changed with the times

Pretty sure neotim was implying that Nintendo has changed for the worse. The 3DS was grossly overpriced and they rushed it out the door before enough software was actually available. They sold far fewer units as a result, and now they're losing support from companies who were originally on board.
---
Blue Wizard is about to die!
... Red Knight shot the food!
#9GuessMyUserNamePosted 7/30/2011 8:19:35 PM
3DS has a fine line-up as it is

it just doesn't start releasing anything until the fall hits
---
Miyamoto: [cats] are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well
#10FelineCyborgPosted 7/30/2011 8:21:18 PM

Pretty sure neotim was implying that Nintendo has changed for the worse.

again name me one gaming company that was around back in the 80's-90's thats still around now that HASNT changed for the worse. gaming as a whole isn't as great as it used to be, this is hardly exclusive to nintendo
---
"I can't enjoy anything unless everybody is, one guy starving some place puts a crimp on my evening" - Woody Allen