Do people really think that the 3DS isn't selling well because of phones? lol

#1RODPosted 7/30/2011 7:40:55 AM
It doesn't make any sense...

"I don't want to play Zelda OoT or resident evil mercenaries in a system as powerful as a Wii because I can play angry birds and fruit ninja on a phone that doesn't even have a proper joystick"

Blame the economy, the lack of system sellers or the fact that little kids shouldn't watch 3D. But not angry birds lol.
---
when I was 13 I occasionally give the old (hand-assisted) in&out to ChunLi in a paused SNES SF2 game in te middle of a high kick ~MACCOLIO STRIKES BACK
#2Ben ReillyPosted 7/30/2011 7:44:33 AM
It's part of it, a lot of the reason the DS became the juggernaut that it is, was because of causal software like Brain Age and Nintendogs.

So now you combine the fact that most of those casuals have moved on to iOS or Android with the high 3DS price tag, makes for slow sales.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#3xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 7:45:08 AM
Well you can't deny the fact that gaming on a dedicated system like the 3DS is obviously a better experience. I think the issue is that more people have their phone on them at all times compared to a portable system so the potential to use the phone is higher. Plus a lot of people want a short and quick gaming experience and sometimes get hooked into that style.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#4LimpanotPosted 7/30/2011 7:45:45 AM
It's not selling well because it doesn't have any games....
but mmL3 will change that.
#5LimpanotPosted 7/30/2011 7:47:35 AM
"as powerful as a wii"
Lol.
#6MattperdPosted 7/30/2011 7:49:23 AM
Limpanot posted...
"as powerful as a wii"
Lol.

"but mmL3 will change that"
Lol.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#7CapnStankyPosted 7/30/2011 7:51:43 AM
Yeah I suppose the fact that Nintendo lost 35 percent of the handheld marketshare to Smartphones over the past 3 years isn't hurting the 3DS. And with each passing month they continue to see their market dominance shrink even further. But yeah, TC, you're right, that's not hurting the 3DS at all.
#8endoflevelbossPosted 7/30/2011 7:56:13 AM
Phones have big advantages.

The games are massively cheaper and although they are not on par with those of a dedicated handheld games console many people find them perfectly adequate for passing time when out and about.

It's convenient using a device that you have with you at all times for mobile gaming. No second device required. Also it's easy to carry several games around at once. No carrying carts and cards.

Of course the phones don't have proper buttons and that is a killer for many who want "proper" mobile gaming.

But content wise I think something like Angry Birds/Plants v Zombies is easily on par content-wise with Steel Diver or Yoshi's Touch & Go so it's not always the case that you get what you pay for.
#9VampiricDragon_Posted 7/30/2011 7:58:28 AM
So what is the reason the 3ds is selling more than the ds did during a non holiday?

If anything it means people want dedicated systems more.
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#10LimpanotPosted 7/30/2011 7:59:00 AM
Mattperd posted...
Limpanot posted...
"as powerful as a wii"
Lol.

"but mmL3 will change that"
Lol.

Day 1 purchase bro along with Saints Row.
3ds will kill its competitors no contest brah.