I just don't want to see Nintendo throw in the towel.

#1crazybotPosted 7/30/2011 8:48:25 AM
This whole thing keeps reminding me, of how things were on the GameCube. N struggled to get 3rd party support. Whats funny is how things seemed to have flipped. Their handhelds were going gangbusters at that time. So it helped them through the GameCube days. But man, what happens if the Wii U flops and their handheld business flops. Ultimately though I love the GameCube library, and I hope we at least simliar support. That's one thing I have always loved about Nintendo. They have always made their consoles worth owning, even if they aren't the market leader. So as long as N doesn't throw in the towel. And we see them trying what needs to be done in satisfying current and future owners of the 3ds. Then I'll be happy. If they cut and run, announcing yet another hardware device uncompatible with 3ds, then I'll take a pretty big hit to the heart and their image will be severely tarnished in this fanboys eyes.
#2xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 8:52:02 AM
I'd hate to see them get out of the hardware business but honestly, if it happened, I could see it being ok as far as them developing for other consoles like Sega has done. I think Nintendo would do it better but the way things are going right now... who knows. Games typically take them quite a while as the 3DS clearly shows.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#3Spiffy247Posted 7/30/2011 8:53:54 AM
I hope Nintendo doesn't go anywhere other than the bank.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#4darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/30/2011 9:01:15 AM
Maybe it's because I'm old school, but that's the reason I hate this smartphone craze. I started my handheld gaming with the original Gameboy. Nintendo doesn't tap any other markets like these other corporations. They're games and nothing but. And to me that's how it should be. That's why I was sad to see Sega go, and even though I loved my Playstation I always felt like Sony didn't belong. If Nintendo does ever abandon this market to pursue another, I'm done as a gamer. I will have felt my time has really passed then because it'd be a whole new era.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#5fuzacoPosted 7/30/2011 9:02:35 AM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
I'd hate to see them get out of the hardware business but honestly, if it happened, I could see it being ok as far as them developing for other consoles like Sega has done. I think Nintendo would do it better but the way things are going right now... who knows. Games typically take them quite a while as the 3DS clearly shows.

This. Nintendo consoles/handhelds pretty much only sell because the first-party titles are good. If they developed software for other consoles/handhelds, than it would be pretty much the same, nothing would be lost.
#6ffdghPosted 7/30/2011 9:06:13 AM
i still think its too early to go all doom and gloom...and overreact.
---
Official Ventus Luck Charm of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board XD
sarcasm is fun. :D
#7SShredder565Posted 7/30/2011 9:09:01 AM
I'd honestly be fine with them becoming a software company AFTER the 3DS has already been around for a generation (as I don't want that 250 bucks to be a waste...)

As long as they wait until next generation to do it, I'd be fine with it. I'd be able to play Nintendo first party games, Sony or Microsoft first party games, multi platform 3rd party games, and games with awesome graphics in one console. It wouldn't be so bad, as long as Nintendo's first party games do not go down the drain like Sega's. And as long as I still get my money's worth out of the 3DS instead of them discontinuing it midway.