Rate Netflix on the 3ds

#1MarioLuigi10Posted 7/30/2011 8:28:34 AM
and state any problems you are having with it
---
PSN: BTY2468
Currently playing Black Ops(and getting frustrated with it) http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951943-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/56978969
#2stromvancouverPosted 7/30/2011 8:38:22 AM
Im losing sleep because I watch it all the time.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif
#3Spiffy247Posted 7/30/2011 8:39:38 AM
I missed the theme of the Spiderman cartoon. It sounds like a talking guitar. Now I can watch it again!
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#4Kieff_KalinaPosted 7/30/2011 8:51:38 AM
I could not have been happier when it was announced and then released the next day! I watch it all the time, and especially when I cannot sleep and do not want to go downstairs and turn on the 360, it lets me watch quick shows from my bed =)

I would definitely rate it a solid 9 out of 10- reserving the perfect score for the inclusion of my top five favorite movies into their already expansive collection.
---
http://dawnofembers.weebly.com
*Author of Dawn of Embers: The War of the YC*
#5RPG_THEORlSTPosted 7/30/2011 8:58:07 AM
Screen is way too tiny. I've got it on my PS3, got it on my iPhone for a better screen and portability, and have it on my blu-ray player in my bedroom. It's really kind of pointless on the 3DS if you ask me.
#6nintendoggerPosted 7/30/2011 8:58:19 AM
Is it free? (I have a netflix account btw)
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#7mattersvillePosted 7/30/2011 9:10:46 AM
- slow startup.
- mediocre resolution.
+ 3D menus...

I would use it way more if I didn't have an iPhone. It's not bad by any means but for me it sits just above the level of "better than nothing."
---
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/
#8hatemakingnamesPosted 7/30/2011 1:49:31 PM
nintendogger posted...
Is it free? (I have a netflix account btw)

If you have an account with streaming services it's free to use on your 3ds. Otherwise, $8/month for up to 6 devices (phones, computers, laptops, gaming consoles, etc)
#9MicroOmegaManPosted 7/30/2011 2:12:01 PM
Portable Netflix; fits in my car while I work.
Sound quality is great; I pump it through my car speakers.
Free application, as always.
Same functionality as the versions for home consoles (searching, sorting, rating, adding/removing from instant queue).

The front-end, menus, and searching are slow. Oddly so, since it seems to be able to stream the video and audio with no hick-ups at all.
I had some freezing and hanging issues with it at first. None since the latest system update, but I wouldn't say the problem is fixed just yet (only because they didn't outline it as one of the things being fixed in the update).

I assume Netflix for 3DS is a lot like Netflix for other portable devices. I've used Netflix on a relative's iPhone, but it's been awhile so I'm fuzzy on it, but if I remember correctly, the front end and menus weren't quite as slow to load as on 3DS. But unlike an iphone, the 3DS has it's own base to prop the screen up which works perfectly for the car watching that I do while doing something for work.

8/10
It has me using Netflix daily again, which I haven't done since the first month or so of subscribing (and for about a two month period leading up to it's release on 3DS, I found myself using it less than once a week), but it has some small issues at the moment. There's something lost by watching something made for a big screen on a small screen, sure, but it makes it easy to fit Netflix back into my life.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#10xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 2:22:04 PM
7/10 - Way too long to load up and the picture quality isn't all that great. Sound is decent. From size and battery life I still prefer to use my iPhone.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."