Nintendo should make the 3DS not look like all the DS systems

#1jaymart_2kPosted 7/30/2011 10:06:28 AM
Just saying, some person goes into a store. There's like 4 different versions of the DS. All have the same basic design as the other.

Now if this person knows nothing about games they might not know which is the newest one. They also think it plays the same games so they buy the cheapest one.

They look at the 3DS & think to themselves. I'm noting spending $80-$100 on the same DS with added 3D effect.

These people just don't know 3DS is a whole new handheld. You know who's to blame? Yep, Nintendo

All I see on videos is how 3DS is gaming in 3D. Your average consumer will see these videos on TV & think it's the same DS with 3D cause of it's same basic look.

Nintendo needs to step away from the clam shell look & try something different. Perhaps a slide-out design.

They'll wouldn't need to even change the name cause it still has 2 screens. Just slide up the top part to reveal the 2nd screen on bottom with the buttons.
#2WickedSickJoshPosted 7/30/2011 10:10:32 AM
True. It doesn't help that the name is "3DS" as well. Should have taken the whole "DS" part out..
---
"I've never killed anyone. I don't need to kill anyone. I think it. I have it here. *points to head*" - Charles Manson
#3nintendoggerPosted 7/30/2011 10:11:48 AM
!3! hahaha.

I do agree, and I would've like some new commercials. :P
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#4ffdghPosted 7/30/2011 10:11:59 AM
yeah, i think that added to the problem which is why i hope wii u is not going to be the final name
---
Official Ventus Luck Charm of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board XD
sarcasm is fun. :D
#5GM_Posted 7/30/2011 10:13:46 AM
I've said it once before and I'll say it again. It's time to rebrand their handheld gaming device. Too many consumers think the 3DS is another iteration of the existing ds family thanks to Nintendos stupid marketing of the product in the past. The days of the DS are over. Name it something else and move forward.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#6andyp3500Posted 7/30/2011 10:15:33 AM
I said right from the beginning that Nintendo werent doing enough to make people (casual crowd) realise this is not just the next iteration of the DS. Parents and casual gamers are just going to think its a newer more expensive version of the DSL and DSi and get one of those instead.
#7SSJMarioPosted 7/30/2011 10:15:56 AM
Well, most of the time, I see the handhelds are locked up. Retail workers should be informed enough to answer questions. Most likely, customers will ask the workers about why there are different versions at different prices.
---
PSN=bowserkick
#8GM_Posted 7/30/2011 10:20:44 AM
I mean Hell just naming it Nintendo DS 2 would have shown Better results I bet. People associate numbers as being better which is why Sony insists on calling their home consoles "Playstation (x)" every generation.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#9PhantomSwordPosted 7/30/2011 10:41:52 AM
The redesign will probably help with that.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#10OverlordAlikPosted 7/30/2011 10:47:22 AM
100% agreed, the wii U suffers the same problem and I hope Nintendo is listening, their fortunes depend on it
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585