PSA: Nintendo isn't losing money from the loophole. Retailers are.

#1MellowLyricistPosted 7/30/2011 10:38:50 AM
You all must love Best Buy/Walmart/Target/etc. Nintendo is apparently telling retailers not to price match. This is a pretty good indication that Nintendo won't refund the price drop difference to the retailers for units sold before the official date (they probably wouldn't even if they weren't telling them not to, but I'm not 100% sure since I don't work retail). It's the retailers' choice to accept the loss if they actually do price match a consumer.

Unless you think it costs Nintendo $80 for you to download 20 ROMs (~100MB of bandwidth is expensive, guys). The only way this could be true is if these people would have actually bought all of these games individually.

Come on now.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#2baconcow1812Posted 7/30/2011 10:41:38 AM
Thank you. I just posted something similar here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59884876

The more people are aware, the better chances there are of Nintendo keeping up their 3DS sales. I am not on Nintendo's side, but I favour their success over the success of FutureShop or BestBuy, or any other retailer.
---
"the hell!?"
#3xoftheuniversePosted 7/30/2011 10:41:54 AM
I couldn't care less cause I have had my 3DS for a while and I know 75% of gamers are immoral but, do you have a link I could see with proof that Nintendo is saying this?
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#4OverlordAlikPosted 7/30/2011 10:43:01 AM
so ripping off retailers is ok and ripping nintendo off isnt.....?
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#5MellowLyricist(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 10:43:53 AM
I don't have a link, but people have been emailing Nintendo about what they plan on doing about this whole Lupe Fiasco, and the responses say that they're telling retailers not to.
---
Children, send me back home.
For this is the reason you were born.
#6elheberPosted 7/30/2011 10:44:54 AM
Although I think it's good news that Nintendo is not taking a hit, do you have a source for the news about "Nintendo apparently telling retailers not to price match"? I was searching for this one Google News but couldn't come up with anything.

Anyway, even though I don't agree with people using a loophole, these are policies that some retailers have in place on purpose. Such losses are worked into their budgets for this, and the cost is eventually passed onto the consumer via higher overall prices anyway. It's the same with stores that don't charge restocking fees for returned items.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#7baconcow1812Posted 7/30/2011 10:44:56 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...
I couldn't care less cause I have had my 3DS for a while and I know 75% of gamers are immoral but, do you have a link I could see with proof that Nintendo is saying this?

Having been close friends a worker at a sales outlet for HDTV's, he told me how during sales companies such as Sony or Samsung would offer credits or refunds to the company who puts a product on sale. When I bought my television, I match-priced it to within $50 of the stores normal price. The TV, however, was $200 off and the company received a $200 credit from Samsung for future orders.
---
"the hell!?"
#8xoftheuniversePosted 7/30/2011 10:46:32 AM
MellowLyricist posted...
I don't have a link, but people have been emailing Nintendo about what they plan on doing about this whole Lupe Fiasco, and the responses say that they're telling retailers not to.

That is not even reliable. When you email or even call customer service you speak to someone just like us with perhaps even less knowledge of the company. I was once told (and I still have the email) that Nintendo does not use a server... I lold hard.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#9OkihayPosted 7/30/2011 10:49:07 AM(edited)
It's not immoral to exploit a flaw in the system. Hell, the majority if not all of the jobs that exist today can easily be mechanized. Of course this raises the question, how will there still be money with no one to pay?

Maybe the workers in sweat shops can have a rest now.
---
http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/
#10PhantomSwordPosted 7/30/2011 10:47:33 AM

lol
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.