PSA: Nintendo isn't losing money from the loophole. Retailers are.

#61SaraAB87Posted 7/31/2011 5:38:41 PM
They could be evil and announce that they are changing the policy right after the price drops, which is what I expect them to do. Something tells me that they aren't going to refund millions of people who buy a 3DS with them $80. Which is why I am not buying one of these systems now. I have all the GBA games I want to play and I have a huge collection of NES games so its not like I need them.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#62LightHawKnightPosted 7/31/2011 5:41:02 PM

once again i never said picking on a kid i said rip off I've been ripped off so many times and have no urges to become a super criminal

What part of could do you fail to understand? I didn't even say picking on this time. Some kids are more sensitive than you, well more of them exist now a days than before.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#63Soccer009Posted 7/31/2011 5:44:38 PM
LightHawKnight posted...

What part of could do you fail to understand? I didn't even say picking on this time. Some kids are more sensitive than you, well more of them exist now a days than before.

those chances are so slim do parks experiment go to the cops say you ripped off a kid and fear he could become a super criminal in five years then go tell them you murdered someone tell me which is worse for you...i can tell you right now what the cops will consider worse
#64FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2011 5:54:22 PM
No one is losing money!
Both Nintendo and retailers are losing a chance to make more money.
The only money lost is that of customers who already bought a 3DS, which was spent in good faith.

Its not like the games are worth a quantifiable amount either. They could give away 100 games and it would make little difference.

As for the retailers. Do you really think companies don't have merchandising agreements that include things as regular as price drops? Be it an outright payment or a credit toward other products no retailer is going to feel hurt from this.

You want to quantify something? Try the extra sales Nintendo will likely rake in do to all the people who think they are "getting over" on the system. Try it. Nintendo clearly already has a positive estimate on this behavior, or they wouldn't have reacted this way. Loophole indeed.
---