For All Those Who Want Both

#1baconcow1812Posted 7/30/2011 11:39:46 AM
For those who want to get the 3DS for $170 and the 20 free games, ignore those people saying you are hurting Nintendo. Places like BestBuy and FutureShop take 100% of the losses from the price protection. It is completely within their policy. Also, people trying to stop those from taking advantage of this policy are only hurting Nintendo. Nintendo wants to sell as many 3DS consoles as possible. If people are only willing to buy a 3DS because they can get it for $170 and get 20 free games, this is good. Those free games cost Nintendo nothing and they are still making money off of the full pre-reduction retailers cost. Making people feel guilty about BestBuy and FutureShop losing money from this so-called "loophole" is only going to hurt Nintendo's potential 3DS sales.

Read here for more about BestBuy's policy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Bestbuy.com-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat2

You will see that is it completely legitimate and not a loophole or moral issue. BestBuy does this to get sales, even if they take losses. They hope you will spend the extra money or more on games and other stuff they sell. In Canada, FutureShop and BestBuy share this policy.
---
"the hell!?"
#2JakeisGreatestPosted 7/30/2011 11:42:28 AM
I am a Best Buy executive and can assure you that we have informed our stores nationwide to not allow price matches on 3DS systems after the price drop.
---
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaake
#3AduIt_LlNKPosted 7/30/2011 11:43:57 AM
I am a Target executive and can assure you that we have informed our stores nationwide to allow price matches on 3DS systems after the price drop. After all, why do we care? It's not like we get our profits from VC games. :P
---
Go to http://www.petitiononline.com/OpMnfall/petition.html and post this to your sig if you want Majora's Mask 3D.
#4MINJI20Posted 7/30/2011 11:44:13 AM
In my opinion, I think it would bother the people who are the actual 3DS owners who got it before the price cut, because now the free 20 games are no longer exclusive and free just to them, but is accessible to everybody else, which they feel sort of defeats the entire purpose of Nintendo's deal.
#5FullMetalPanicPosted 7/30/2011 11:44:44 AM
Only low-lifes would even try to attempt this. Are you one? then be my guest.
---
[PSN] - MrCiel
[3DS] 2062.9168.6736 [Wii] 1965.4338.5587.6831
#6fallenKlNGPosted 7/30/2011 11:45:10 AM
JakeisGreatest posted...
I am a Best Buy executive and can assure you that we have informed our stores nationwide to not allow price matches on 3DS systems after the price drop.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59875550

You're an executive for both Best Buy AND Target? Wow, you sure are the overachiever. I envy you. lol
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing!
#7JakeisGreatestPosted 7/30/2011 11:46:07 AM
AduIt_LlNK posted...
I am a Target executive and can assure you that we have informed our stores nationwide to allow price matches on 3DS systems after the price drop. After all, why do we care? It's not like we get our profits from VC games. :P

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59875550
A Target executive has posted that there will be no price matches.
---
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaake
#8fallenKlNGPosted 7/30/2011 11:48:17 AM
FullMetalPanic posted...

No, I'm pretty sure 90% of the population would do this assuming they want the 20 games and think they can get away with it. Only people eager to give Nintendo their money would not do this (or people who don't wanna risk the $80).

As an early adopter, I don't care either way. If it works, good for you. If not, well... you get everything I got.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing!
#9CommanderxGreenPosted 7/30/2011 11:49:15 AM
MINJI20 posted...
In my opinion, I think it would bother the people who are the actual 3DS owners who got it before the price cut, because now the free 20 games are no longer exclusive and free just to them, but is accessible to everybody else, which they feel sort of defeats the entire purpose of Nintendo's deal.

This x 1,000.

Except that the 20 free games are not accessible to "everybody else." They're accessible to the small number of people who will actually take advantage of the loophole, a week before the price drop. Plenty of people will (probably) buy 3DSes after the price drops, after the program is closed to new members, so it's still an exclusive deal.
---
MegaMan Legends 3 is cancelled. I am dead inside.
#10baconcow1812(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 11:50:05 AM
FullMetalPanic posted...

If you're speaking about me, I already have a 3DS. But, if I didn't, this is exactly what I would do. I've used FutureShop and BestBuy's "buy with confidence" policies a lot. They exist mainly for this purpose: price drops. Nintendo gains, either way.
---
"the hell!?"