Iwata, you know a brilliant idea to market the 3DS in a better way?

#1Blair68000Posted 7/30/2011 10:45:56 AM
Allow there to be 3D-only games. I understand the idea that not everyone will enjoy 3D so there should be a 2D option, but for those of us who do enjoy the 3D there should be games designed just for us. There could be more innovative and creative gameplay implications with this 3D tech if only it weren't for this fact that each game had to pander to both audiences. I'm not even saying this would help TREMENDOUSLY, but at least it would validate the product...
---
Go and buy a new PS3 game and a new 360 game and I challenge you to smell them and tell me which is best. -- Gietzy
#2OverlordAlikPosted 7/30/2011 10:46:57 AM
disagreed. Having a choice never hurt anybody
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#3CthulhuforpresPosted 7/30/2011 10:49:18 AM
brilliant plan - release more games. Any games

Most brilliant plan - release more good games.

The price cut isn't going to help until Nintendo starts getting games on the market. What is coming out August 12th? Nothing.
---
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
#4Blair68000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 10:49:21 AM
There would be the choice, though. Display on the box, like, "It is strongly advised you play this game with the 3D effect ON" or something.
---
Go and buy a new PS3 game and a new 360 game and I challenge you to smell them and tell me which is best. -- Gietzy
#5elheberPosted 7/30/2011 10:50:12 AM
Yeah, games like Super Mario Land 3DS are pretty much this. You can play it in 2D, but a lot of things are easier with depth perception (such as that isometric room). Heck, the sheer fact that you can't rotate the camera to judge the distance of a jump better is a "3D-nearly-necessary" feature.

I like the idea of depth perception being important to gameplay. It was already very useful in Pilotwings and it'll probably be very useful in Starfox just for the sheer fact that they're flying games.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#6hatemakingnamesPosted 7/30/2011 1:52:27 PM
This doesn't exist.

Anything that can be seen in 3D can be flattened into 2D. It might be more difficult to judge things in 2D, but it will still be playable.
#7DarkHeroRavenPosted 7/30/2011 2:00:27 PM
There are people that cannot see 3D. To alienate them would be beyond unfair. Anyway, I think a better way to market the 3DS is to emphasise that it isn't just a DS that can display 3D...
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC: 3866-8144-2758 | I am a brony. IMO: Pinkie = Applejack > Fluttershy > Rarity > Rainbow > Twilight