I dont feel sorry for big business taking a "hit" from this loophole

#11hatemakingnamesPosted 7/30/2011 1:08:26 PM
bulbinking posted...
They are one of the reasons why the US economy is is shambles, plus they are all anti-union

Uh, unions are another reason the economy is in shambles. Paying people more than what's affordable is why most state governments are bankrupt.
#12SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/30/2011 1:28:43 PM
Wallydraigle posted...
No one is taking a "hit" from the loophole. The price is going to drop the same amount whether anyone does it or not, and the games are a free download.

This is true, mainly because their isn't even a loophole at all to cause anyone to take a "hit".
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#13TrentHawkinsPosted 7/30/2011 1:56:27 PM

Wallydraigle posted...
No one is taking a "hit" from the loophole. The price is going to drop the same amount whether anyone does it or not, and the games are a free download.

This is true, mainly because their isn't even a loophole at all to cause anyone to take a "hit".

Do you even read the other posts? The retailers are paying as if it's a $250 3DS, and you're getting it at the $170 price. Which means the retailers are taking a loss on it.

That is, of course, assuming they allow it. They've got the perfect excuse to exclude the 3DS from any price guarantee at this point.
---
Nasa was elated that the Phoenix lander has detected ice on Mars. The elation turns to concern when, several hours later, the lander detects a Zamboni machine.
#14Starsoul_klrPosted 7/30/2011 2:07:38 PM
The real question should be how much was it for the retailers to buy it in the first place. If it is more then 170 then they are taking a hit.

Then again I still need to take a look at a few things before I come to rash conclusions: those tend to bite me.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#15WallydraiglePosted 7/30/2011 3:26:03 PM
TrentHawkins posted...
Wallydraigle posted...

Do you even read the other posts? The retailers are paying as if it's a $250 3DS, and you're getting it at the $170 price. Which means the retailers are taking a loss on it.

That is, of course, assuming they allow it. They've got the perfect excuse to exclude the 3DS from any price guarantee at this point.

Yeah... no, that's not how it works at all. The retail store where you go to buy your game has stock sitting on the shelf which they've already purchased from the wholesaler for whatever set price they've worked out. The game is there, it's paid for, they either sell it and get their money back or not. They don't get cartons of free stuff straight from Nintendo's office which they then sell and send back a portion of the money from each unit sold like so many people here seem to think. lulz

So whether you walk into the store and buy a 3DS one minute before the price drop and then price match for the $80 the next day, or walk in one minute after the price drop and pay $170 for the same 3DS off the same shelf which the store already paid the same price for, it makes absolutely no difference at all to the store, or to Nintendo who also already got paid the same amount for it. The free games are a non-issue since they're not even being sold to anybody and no one loses money on those.

This is exactly the reason why stores even have price guarantee policies. By guaranteeing the price for so many days they make customers feel better about buying something now instead of perpetually waiting for the best deal and losing the sale altogether. And it works. It's not a scam, it's not a loophole, it's not even a little bit morally questionable. Stores are willing to do this because it increases their profits, bottom line.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#16bulbinking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 6:09:12 AM
hatemakingnames posted...
bulbinking posted...
They are one of the reasons why the US economy is is shambles, plus they are all anti-union

Uh, unions are another reason the economy is in shambles. Paying people more than what's affordable is why most state governments are bankrupt.

Actually, the reason is because our federal spending is higher then our federal taxes. Since the bush tax cuts and estate tax cuts the super wealthy haven't been putting in their fair share, so the middle class have been giving more of their income to make up for it, also lets not forget our continually bloating military budget, and all the billions we are giving to privatized jail systems... btw, how would an Independent business paying individuals more or less money hurt the economy? if anything it would "hurt" the business. Please learn to business/economic maths
---
Operational Operators Operating Operative Operations
OGN: wP/SmoothOperator (FCs in profile. The Smoothest Operator You Ever Did Meet!)
#17MoxManiacPosted 7/31/2011 7:10:24 AM
People need to understand that retailers have these price protection policies knowing full well they could end up taking a loss on a product...the purpose of these policies is to get customers to shop at their stores and create goodwill. I hardly see this is some immoral action against these stores.