Nyko Charge Base?

#1PokeclipsePosted 7/30/2011 1:29:39 PM
Alright, so when I get a 3DS, I'm probably going to pick up the Nyko Power Pak+. My question is, is the optional Charge Base worth it since the Nintendo dock won't work with the new battery?

I've read conflicting reviews about the base - some say that it doesn't work at all. On the other hand, a handful apparently clarify the former users' misunderstanding by explaining that only the light on the base itself lights up, which may lead one to believe that it isn't really charging the 3DS, when in fact it is.

Anybody have a substantial amount of experience with either product, preferably both?
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#2Martiin51Posted 7/30/2011 1:31:55 PM
I bought both. I love the power pak!! I went on a road trip and it lasted me about 9 hours.

Anyways, about the base, yes it works perfectly, and NO the light on the 3DS doesnt turn on BUT the one on the dock DOES.

I love it. Well worth the money.
---
"Corn chips are no place for a mighty warrior" - Teen Girl Squad
#3Pokeclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 1:46:13 PM
That's encouraging, thanks.

I probably will go for the base+battery combo pack, since it's only $10 more than buying the battery by itself.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#4Martiin51Posted 7/30/2011 1:49:16 PM
^ yup, thats what i did. and i'm loving it
---
"Corn chips are no place for a mighty warrior" - Teen Girl Squad
#5PlaysaverPosted 7/30/2011 3:19:28 PM
The base is a waste of money. It doesn't really add anything. You have to consider that your still using the 3ds's charging plug adaptor to charge that battery.