C/D: 3DS successor should have two circle pads.

#31AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/30/2011 5:45:18 PM
4DS doesn't need circle pads...it would drive away the casuals and hurt innovation in control!
#32Halo3GAMEFREAK(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 5:48:27 PM
Mario_Bones posted...
How the hell are you supposed to use two analog sticks, buttons and a touch screen at the same time?

The same way you play the Xbox 360/PS3, minus the touchscreen. Just because the touchscreen is there doesn't mean the gameplay should revolve around it.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a
#33Mario_BonesPosted 7/30/2011 5:56:24 PM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
Mario_Bones posted...
How the hell are you supposed to use two analog sticks, buttons and a touch screen at the same time?

The same way you play the Xbox 360/PS3, minus the touchscreen. Just because the touchscreen is there doesn't mean the gameplay should revolve around it.

I'd much prefer games like TWEWY and the DS Zeldas than games with "better" camera control
---
Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3! http://i56.tinypic.com/2i67ix.png
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#34Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 7/31/2011 9:03:16 AM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...

Ditto. Imo, this was a problem with early DS games, everybody was shoe-horning in touch controls that had no reason being there. An intuitive game should not require you to constantly switch between the dpad/buttons and the touchscreen, games like Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow did exactly that..... and those parts sucked in what was otherwise a great game. Nothing was more annoying then going through the castle then suddenly running into a bunch of ice blocks, so so you have to stand still, take out your stylus, and swipe across them to break them. Or when you finally killed a boss, that ^&@#%^#&$% seal thing appears and you have to quickly switch controls to take out your stylus and repeat the pattern... if you caught it.

This is exactly what I was thinking when Sony demoed Uncharted on the Vita, the game almost seemed more like a tech demo to show off the Vita's extra controls rather than be a game on it's own right. Yeah, great, just what I need: To take my hands off the controls in the middle of gameplay to swipe across to screen just to jump over a log, or rub the back of the thing to climb up, or literally swing the system back and fourth in order to swing across a vine. At least the controls can be disabled, which I assume everyone will do. Its like that stupid-ass SIXAXIS based grenade aiming system Uncharted 1 had, there is a reason you can just aim grenades with just the controls in Uncharted 2, youd think they would learn.... unless Sony forced them to include that crap in the Vita version.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - Comrad Otter
Gamertags in profile
#35MegaWinFTWPosted 7/31/2011 9:11:17 AM
D, it should have been on the 3DS already, it's like they were totally unaware of what is likely the number one complaint about the PSP hardware. I still don't get why the PSP only had the one nub, the fact that a more modern device is making the same mistake is bizarre.
#36mcsmellingtonPosted 7/31/2011 9:12:49 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
D, it should have been on the 3DS already, it's like they were totally unaware of what is likely the number one complaint about the PSP hardware. I still don't get why the PSP only had the one nub, the fact that a more modern device is making the same mistake is bizarre.

Exactly this.
---
GT: McPoo
#37GM_Posted 7/31/2011 9:13:07 AM
I honestly doubt there will be a successor to the 3DS in the future. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that 3D will never be seen again on a portable gaming device after this generation of portables is over. It's already a failed concept based off of a gimmick that was already flopping to begin with and was redundant.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence