Why is everybody so angry about the loophole?

#1RODPosted 7/30/2011 2:20:12 PM
I bought a 3DS in launch day.

I would be VERY pissed off if people suddenly got a price cut and I didn't, but nintendo is being nice enough to give me free games as a compensation. Cool.

Oh! A loophole will enable people to get both, the price-cut and the games. This is probably done on-purpose, so people will riot and buy their 3DS systems on day one of the price cut so they can "rip off" stores/developers/nintendo.

If this means that there will be a 3DS shortage, that the system (MY system too!) will now be considered a success, thus giving it a better lifespan, rather than making it virtual boy II, I say more power to the loop hole.

Perhaps a "3DS units fly off the shelves on day 1 of the price cut" would shut up all thoser "w00t! nintendont is 3rd party and lost lulz" people from IGN...
---
when I was 13 I occasionally give the old (hand-assisted) in&out to ChunLi in a paused SNES SF2 game in te middle of a high kick ~MACCOLIO STRIKES BACK
#2OmegaZero633Posted 7/30/2011 2:22:42 PM
They are angry because they're either:
-"Jealous of the loopholers".
-"Upset about such morally unsound practices".

But I personally don't care either way. :/

and inb4claimsoffanboyism
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#3MattperdPosted 7/30/2011 2:22:46 PM
Read the dozen other topics about it. You're very misinformed.
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword
#4ROD(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 2:39:43 PM
Mattperd posted...
Read the dozen other topics about it. You're very misinformed.

I knew a "useful" reply like this would happen eventually.

Sorry to tell you this, but most of the other 999 loophole topics here are plain whining. I have yet to find a single topic defending the loophole.

If you want to make a difference, explain to me why I am so misinformed.
---
when I was 13 I occasionally give the old (hand-assisted) in&out to ChunLi in a paused SNES SF2 game in te middle of a high kick ~MACCOLIO STRIKES BACK
#5nintendoggerPosted 7/30/2011 2:44:27 PM
Price matching is for people who didn't know about the drop in price, not for people who willingly choose to buy before the price drop. Of course, most stores can only follow the honor system, so it's unrealistic that a police force could stop it.

That's the issue I have with it. You know the price is dropping, and therefore you should be waiting.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#6parKb5Posted 7/30/2011 2:59:55 PM
nintendogger posted...
Price matching is for people who didn't know about the drop in price, not for people who willingly choose to buy before the price drop. Of course, most stores can only follow the honor system, so it's unrealistic that a police force could stop it.

That's the issue I have with it. You know the price is dropping, and therefore you should be waiting.

Then in that case Nintendo shouldn't have told everyone about the price cut.

Plus, I work retail and people know about sales all the time. They buy something on Saturday, knowing it will go on sale on Sunday, but they are afraid the item will sell out, so they buy it on Saturday. They come in on Sunday or Monday and get the item price matched for the sale price.

Heck, they even tell me what they are going to do on Saturday, but there is nothing we can do.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#7Wynters387Posted 7/30/2011 3:01:32 PM
Cause finding a loophole is like the perfect woman. Small, tight, and easy to manipulate.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#8parKb5Posted 7/30/2011 3:03:15 PM
Wynters387 posted...
Cause finding a loophole is like the perfect woman. Small, tight, and easy to manipulate.

but a loophole can't cook or clean.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#9Edouard_kerooPosted 7/30/2011 3:03:22 PM
Anyway it will end backfire : when stores will see wave of customers coming and returning asking the same thing, they'll likely be hardening their conditions...

Or they'll probably look inside the console : if they see the eshop, they'll assume you got connected at least once and be eligible for the free games, and as you had a different deal you won't get the refund. They could pull a loophole too.
---
Wario DIY : 0217 4634 3829 | MarioVSDK3 : 4641 7961 2314
Goldeneye : 5056 35161677
#10nintendoggerPosted 7/30/2011 3:03:30 PM
Sneaky! O.O
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.