Why is everybody so angry about the loophole?

#11Wynters387Posted 7/30/2011 4:04:03 PM
parKb5 posted...
Wynters387 posted...
Cause finding a loophole is like the perfect woman. Small, tight, and easy to manipulate.

but a loophole can't cook or clean.

Damn you found a loophole in my loophole... wormhole?
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#12HitagiPosted 7/30/2011 4:04:32 PM
The only people who are angry are the jealous and bitter early adopters trying to find an outlet for their rage.
#13parKb5Posted 7/30/2011 4:06:36 PM
Edouard_keroo posted...
Anyway it will end backfire : when stores will see wave of customers coming and returning asking the same thing, they'll likely be hardening their conditions...

Or they'll probably look inside the console : if they see the eshop, they'll assume you got connected at least once and be eligible for the free games, and as you had a different deal you won't get the refund. They could pull a loophole too.

LOL you don't bring the 3DS with you when you price match, just the receipt. And even if you did like some teen age cashier is going to say to you "let me see that 3DS young man. AHA you downloaded the eshop!!! No price match for you!!!"

and I doubt very much that there will be a flood of people. That was the same mistake Nintendo made with the launch of the 3DS. There will probably only be one or two people that follow the game industry enough to be forewarned about this.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#14parKb5Posted 7/30/2011 4:09:19 PM
Hitagi posted...
The only people who are angry are the jealous and bitter early adopters trying to find an outlet for their rage.

I bought the 3DS at launch and the people who will use the loophole don't effect me at all. Good for them, I say. I would do the same thing if I was in their shoes. I am quite surprised at all the anger directed towards them. It is really naive and childish for something like a companies price matching policy to elicit such hate. maybe the nay-sayers should talk to their parents and get their input. I am sure their parents would say there is nothing wrong with a price match.
---
#15Edouard_kerooPosted 7/30/2011 4:13:50 PM
parKb5 posted...
Edouard_keroo posted...
LOL you don't bring the 3DS with you when you price match, just the receipt. And even if you did like some teen age cashier is going to say to you "let me see that 3DS young man. AHA you downloaded the eshop!!! No price match for you!!!"

and I doubt very much that there will be a flood of people. That was the same mistake Nintendo made with the launch of the 3DS. There will probably only be one or two people that follow the game industry enough to be forewarned about this.

Well as the saying goes, you learn from your past mistakes, maybe the first ones could sneak in time but I don't see them not reacting. It's like comparing a bundled console and a "naked" one. They could even assume it with the receipt and the date you can have the games, so they'll just put a warning in stores an exception to the terms and conditions...It's not like they aren't aware of it now anyway...
---
Wario DIY : 0217 4634 3829 | MarioVSDK3 : 4641 7961 2314
Goldeneye : 5056 35161677
#16parKb5Posted 7/30/2011 4:20:00 PM(edited)
Edouard_keroo posted...
Well as the saying goes, you learn from your past mistakes, maybe the first ones could sneak in time but I don't see them not reacting. It's like comparing a bundled console and a "naked" one. They could even assume it with the receipt and the date you can have the games, so they'll just put a warning in stores an exception to the terms and conditions...It's not like they aren't aware of it now anyway...

To be honest, I doubt the people will even know about the free games. Half of them barely know how to do their jobs and in what aisle the 3DS could be found in, if they even know what a 3DS is. So the chance of them actually knowing about an offer on one of the many many products in the store would be next to zero.

The only chance would be if the cashier you go to actually owns a 3DS him/herself.

Here's an idea for you: Go into the local Target or WalMart. Go to customer service where the returns are usually done. Ask them if they know about the price cut of the 3DS and the free games that Nintendo is offering. I bet they won't even know what a 3DS is.
---
#17Edouard_kerooPosted 7/30/2011 4:28:02 PM
parKb5 posted...

To be honest, I doubt the people will even know about the free games. Half of them barely know how to do their jobs and in what aisle the 3DS could be found in, if they even know what a 3DS is. So the chance of them actually knowing about an offer on one of the many many products in the store would be next to zero.

The only chance would be if the cashier you go to actually owns a 3DS him/herself.

That's true but :

- Lot of coming between now and the price drop date and returning after, that will likely be strange to an employee, they'll likely try to find out (especially if they loose money), or make the console "temporary out of order"
- If you - customer - are aware of the price drop, you could be considered of being warned about the free games as they were in the same announcement.
- People are already asking the "How does it work ?" thing, not to mention probable angry dudes who'll tell it.

In Japan some stores have already suspended 3ds sales (which I find extreme), they know what is going to happen in the next weeks.
---
Wario DIY : 0217 4634 3829 | MarioVSDK3 : 4641 7961 2314
Goldeneye : 5056 35161677