The 3DS will be fine

#1shadowsiblingPosted 7/30/2011 2:21:05 PM
This is the way I see it, it is a handheld with more than acceptable graphics, it has dual screens (one of them is a touch screen) it has a slide pad and it is only 5 months old, and here really soon it is going to be much more affordable, and the 3D effect is completely optional. The system will be fine, the original ds took longer to accumulate a decent library of games, in fact no system in history has had a perfect launch.

People just need to take a moment and relax, the good games are coming and they will continue to come and they will only get better as more of the system's potential is realized.
---
Gamer Tag: Shadow Sibling
Let's a-go!
#2Mariofan15Posted 7/30/2011 2:23:22 PM
Of course it will. The only people who'll disagree are trolls,Sony Fanboys and people who are blowing things out of proportion.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#3cheeseyrox2Posted 7/30/2011 2:23:47 PM
Good for you, TC.
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 224
#4TowelFightPosted 7/30/2011 2:25:17 PM
The reality of the marketplace would say otherwise. Look no further than the PlayStation 3 if you want a primer on what happens when a manufacturer assumes brand alone will carry a system.
---
PSN ID: TowelFight
#5TrentHawkinsPosted 7/30/2011 2:30:44 PM
Sony's done far dumber things with the ps3 than anything nintendo's done as of yet, it had a similar problem with having pretty much no games for it, and I'd say it's doing pretty decently now.
---
Douglas Adams: "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
#6OmegaZero633Posted 7/30/2011 2:30:57 PM
TowelFight posted...
The reality of the marketplace would say otherwise. Look no further than the PlayStation 3 if you want a primer on what happens when a manufacturer assumes brand alone will carry a system.

So you're saying the 3DS will be as fine as the PS3? I can live with that. o.o

At least that means it won't fail.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#7nintendoggerPosted 7/30/2011 2:37:13 PM
The Nintendo brand is stronger than the Sony brand.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#8TowelFightPosted 7/30/2011 2:38:16 PM
So you're saying the 3DS will be as fine as the PS3? I can live with that. o.o

At least that means it won't fail.

True, it's unlikely that the 3DS will just up and die.

But let's face it, as the fanboys that populate this board are rocking back and forth, repeatedly typing "the 3DS will be fine", what they're really saying is "Nintendo will still be number one". And for your typical Nintendo fan, anything short of first place is a scary, confusing place to be.

The system is destined to play second-fiddle this gen, what remains to be seen is how hard of spanking it takes.
---
PSN ID: TowelFight
#9cookies n clamsPosted 7/30/2011 2:53:30 PM
Not a 3DS owner but after playing a friends' for just a few minutes, it hurt my eyes and gave me a slight headache. Doesn't seem worth buying at all. I could easily see this system not doing well. Just my opinion.

I'll care when games are virtual reality.
---
If metal was beer, deathcore would be bud light.
its for the bros :) Have a nice day!
#10Mariofan15Posted 7/30/2011 2:55:01 PM
cookies n clams posted...
Not a 3DS owner but after playing a friends' for just a few minutes, it hurt my eyes and gave me a slight headache. Doesn't seem worth buying at all. I could easily see this system not doing well. Just my opinion.

I'll care when games are virtual reality.

You must of had the 3D on. There's no way in hell you could possible get a headache just from playing it without it on.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611