PS - you can turn off the 3D.

#1nintendoggerPosted 7/30/2011 3:00:34 PM
This needs to be mentioned more. As someone who sometimes gets headaches from the normal DS, so the prospect of 3D was only made worse by being confirmed by the headache claim. Now, I'm purchasing mine August 12, and I've never played one yet... not even on Demo.

But! All is not lost, because Nintendo left the option to turn the 3D off!! Huzzah! I feel like people who are complaining about the 3D gimmick, are just refusing to accept that this is the next generation, and that games are moving forward with it. Sure, the DS has an incredible library, and you can probably never get bored with that, but if you want the new stuff... you need the new console.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#2MicroOmegaManPosted 7/30/2011 3:02:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3JackstinPosted 7/30/2011 3:06:02 PM
I turn off the 3D as little as possible. It is absolutely awesome!

The 3D's not yet been used in an inventive or interesting way, but for now it's a good start.

People who complain have just got lame eyes =P
#4AdmiralLoknarPosted 7/30/2011 3:16:24 PM
thatz the truth, ruth
#5Starsoul_klrPosted 7/30/2011 3:16:24 PM
I hate the 3-D because it's their main selling point is the 3-D instead of it being a much more powerful system. I want to get it at some point BECAUSE it has more power then the DS and my old DS is starting to break so it's about time to upgrade.

There isn't really a time I think I'll ever use the 3-D when I get it after the price drops.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#6conker516Posted 7/30/2011 3:17:37 PM
New and exciting
---
Conker516
#7gunstarzPosted 7/30/2011 3:23:54 PM
I don't get headaches from it so I play with the 3d on most of the time. Went online with DoA and switched the 3d off and I was amazed how much smoother the graphics were.
---
http://petitiononline.com/mml3bck/petition.html <-- MML3 Petition
#8SShredder565Posted 7/30/2011 3:25:49 PM(edited)
Starsoul_klr posted...
I hate the 3-D because it's their main selling point is the 3-D instead of it being a much more powerful system. I want to get it at some point BECAUSE it has more power then the DS and my old DS is starting to break so it's about time to upgrade.

There isn't really a time I think I'll ever use the 3-D when I get it after the price drops.

Yeah, it's sad because the 3DS really IS a much more powerful system than the DS. Nintendo should treat the 3D as a bonus, not the selling point. Nintendo should treat the extra power/potential, circle pad, widescreen display, augmented reality, and game library (when it has an awesome one) as the selling points.
#9nintendogger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 4:36:58 PM
SShredder565 posted...
Starsoul_klr posted...

Yeah, it's sad because the 3DS really IS a much more powerful system than the DS. Nintendo should treat the 3D as a bonus, not the selling point. Nintendo should treat the extra power/potential, circle pad, widescreen display, augmented reality, and game library (when it has an awesome one) as the selling points.

My exact point! I'm getting it because it's the future... not because it has 3D. I don't get why Nintendo isn't using this as a sell point.
---
3DS, August 12. Can't wait.
Proud female gamer.
#10xLexLuth0rxPosted 7/30/2011 4:40:21 PM
I find myself turning the 3D off and then quickly turn it back on as if I'm not utilizing it the way I'm supposed to. As good as OoT looks in 3D, I find it easier to play with it off. Too sensitive to ghosting for me...
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."