How's Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions?

#1Tony76339Posted 7/30/2011 3:09:31 PM
I heard this game is out. I really want this game, because I'm a HUGE FAN of Pac-Man and Galaga. Is the game good? How's the 3D? Are the motion controls alright? Thanks for your time!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2315-4515
#2BigWorldJustPosted 7/30/2011 3:11:55 PM
There is a board for that specific game =/. You'll probably get better answers there.
---
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 1633 3857 7465
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#3trizznillaPosted 7/30/2011 3:13:07 PM
I love it. But for more details, the game has its very own message board. Prepare to be flamed by the turds lurking on this board though.
---
hardcore about the casual.
#4Tony76339(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 3:14:16 PM
Oh ok Thx
---
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2315-4515
#5AnotherSomebodyPosted 7/30/2011 3:16:05 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59879326

My thoughts.
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#6MicroOmegaManPosted 7/30/2011 3:32:11 PM
I love it.
I've been hearing and reading a lot of negativity from gaming journalists, and I'm really not sure why. They seem to harp on the fact that 4 of the games have already been released before, but if you're interested in the game, I think you're interested because of those games especially. If you want portable Galaga Legions, Pac-man Championship Edition, Galaga, and Pac-man, all with online leaderboards and 3D presentation, I don't know how you could be disappointed.

The new games are surprisingly fun. Though I haven't actually finished Galaga 3D Impact, I wish there was more of it, because I just enjoy it so much. The 3D and motion controls work beautifully in that one.

On to Pac-man TILT and a little theory of mine; though I don't mean to imply that it's a super lengthy game, it is surprisingly big compared to 3D Impact, so I believe they might have originally been developing it as a stand alone release. It doesn't use 3D, so that's why I think 3D Impact made it in, and since it's sort of the 30th anniversary of both Galaga and Pac-man, I think they expanded the product with the inclusion of Championship Edition, Legions, and their originals. But back to the game, I also really enjoy it. You tilt the 3DS like a wheel to affect the game world and move Pac-man while he's in ball form. It works like a charm, though I think it might have been beneficial to make the tilt less one-to-one with the world so you don't need to turn the 3DS as much for the same effect.

The 2 retrolution games, and the 2 actual retro games are as good as they always were; I'm especially addicted to trying to get the highest score in the original Galaga of the people I've added as friends for the game. I'm trying to get decent at the original Pac-man before I try Pac-man Championship Edition for the first time.

I don't know if this game is still on sale for $30 at Amazon or Best Buy, but I would pay $30 all over again for it, in an instant, and feel that it's still worth the $40 asking price.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#7MicroOmegaManPosted 7/30/2011 3:33:11 PM
Grr. Why was everyone bunting this guy to a different board while I was writing up my thoughts.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,