Nyko Power Pak+

#14-Legged-SharkPosted 7/31/2011 1:44:43 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Base-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B004SJFJUA/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1312101639&sr=1-3

this thing is awesome. i hated the battery life on the 3DS but now i have an 8 hour battery and im not compaining at all. it adds a little bit of bulk to your system and you'll want to hold on to your original battery cover for the serial number, but the additional bulk comes with grips and i honestly like the new look and feel of the 3DS with this power pack installed better than the original. I cannot recommend this product enough, im sure it has already been talked about on these forums but after having owned it for 2 months I felt i should spread the word.

#2SlaysmePosted 7/31/2011 1:51:18 AM
Seconded.
---
3ds boards. Home of the Super Nintendo Defender Squad! We are here to stand behind terrible ideology and archaic business practice.
#3paulinkPosted 7/31/2011 1:53:17 AM
I don't think i'll ever be comfortable with third party batteries inside my handhelds. Not to mention there's a streetpass glitch where you can't meet people you've already met up with.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#4ElevenOhNoesPosted 7/31/2011 1:53:32 AM
Good to know. I ordered one off ebay the other day. It can't get here soon enough. :)
---
Xbox Live: Night Ranma .....................................PSN: nightranma
3DS: 5455-9525-0021
#54-Legged-Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 2:01:40 AM

paulink posted...
I don't think i'll ever be comfortable with third party batteries inside my handhelds. Not to mention there's a streetpass glitch where you can't meet people you've already met up with.
---

i have heard similar stories but i have had no such experiences in my 2 months of owning this product- and I have many friends with 3ds's, one of which also has this battery pack, and i street pass them all frequently with no issues.

#6paulinkPosted 7/31/2011 2:07:03 AM
4-Legged-Shark posted...

i have heard similar stories but i have had no such experiences in my 2 months of owning this product- and I have many friends with 3ds's, one of which also has this battery pack, and i street pass them all frequently with no issues.

Hm, then I guess they fixed it with an update? Ah, well I prefer using an external battery pack, with a usb power cable. Does the same job and holds much more, for a better price.
---
#7PokeMasterPosted 7/31/2011 2:12:48 AM
I still say portable chargers are better. 700yen (~$9USD) for 2 full recharges.

Works with my phone/psp as well.

or 1800yen (~$20USD) for a solar powered usb charger.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#8YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 7/31/2011 2:37:10 AM
Theres a new Nyko thing coming out in september and it has 3X the battery life of the 3DS with 4 speakers and rumble feature aswell, its also a case with a grip, basically all in one case.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Shock+n+Rock
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#9TOMdMAKPosted 7/31/2011 3:24:45 AM
YAMI_ANUBIS_X posted...
Theres a new Nyko thing coming out in september and it has 3X the battery life of the 3DS with 4 speakers and rumble feature aswell, its also a case with a grip, basically all in one case.

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Shock+n+Rock

While they are at it why don't they throw in a tv?
---
Now Playing: Star Fox Commands, Wii Play Motion, ridge racer 3d
Just Finished: Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
#10SkittyOnWailordPosted 7/31/2011 4:03:41 AM
PokeMaster posted...
I still say portable chargers are better. 700yen (~$9USD) for 2 full recharges.

Works with my phone/psp as well.

or 1800yen (~$20USD) for a solar powered usb charger.

Can you link me to one? That might be useful.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=