Psp is able to download PS games. We can download nes games.

#1__Fiale__Posted 7/31/2011 4:40:44 AM(edited)
Im no graphics ***** at all. But it still seems a lil off to me that the psp has been able to download PS games for a long time. And we dont get any kind of N64 or something download service. I know the 3ds has only one stick but the psp has gotten round some of those probs. I know theres a difference...but still.

I dunno, its just, for how long on nintendo consoles are we expected to still be content with downloading nes and snes generation games?
---
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3248/fiale.gif
#2paulinkPosted 7/31/2011 4:43:09 AM
That's why they remade OOT and SF64. The n64 might not be hard to emulate, but it's controls would be a pain on the 3ds.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#3Ben ReillyPosted 7/31/2011 4:43:47 AM
Nintendo just likes to screw people and ignores what the competition does right instead of embracing it.

The PSP (and Vita) and PS3 can also download 1 PSP game which can be copied over to both systems and continued.

So you can start playing FF7 at home, copy it to your PSP and continue on the road.

It makes no sense that you can't do this on a Wii/DSi or a Wii/3DS.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#4Tzuba12Posted 7/31/2011 4:45:34 AM
Nintendo isn't sony. They keep the console games on home consoles and handheld games on handheld consoles. Simple as that.
#5FrankGrimeyPosted 7/31/2011 4:47:39 AM(edited)
I'm surprised they have to make an emulator for each game...why the hell wouldn't they just make one emulator for the system itself? Seems like they purposely make it harder on themselves for no real reason.

They keep the console games on home consoles and handheld games on handheld consoles. Simple as that.

...yet they're releasing NES games for free..on their portable system.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#6Ben ReillyPosted 7/31/2011 4:49:25 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
Nintendo isn't sony. They keep the console games on home consoles and handheld games on handheld consoles. Simple as that.

That's why they ported DS Pheonix Wright games to the Wii right?

That's why they created Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Player Right?

And that's why they are allowing you to download NES games on the 3DS right?

I'm start calling all my post "late registration" cause I'm taking all you fanboys to school.

Anyway

'Why should we have to pay for it again, when its the same rom?
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#7pikachupwnagePosted 7/31/2011 4:53:24 AM
Ben Reilly posted...
Nintendo just likes to screw people and ignores what the competition does right instead of embracing it.

The PSP (and Vita) and PS3 can also download 1 PSP game which can be copied over to both systems and continued.

So you can start playing FF7 at home, copy it to your PSP and continue on the road.

It makes no sense that you can't do this on a Wii/DSi or a Wii/3DS.

no nitendo likes to make good games. just becuase the competion does something dosen't mean you are obligated to copy them. and n64 games are available on the wii vc already we don't need them on the 3ds (except OOT3D of course)
---
Luigi is better then mario *raises flame shield* proud owner of 3ds and wii member of the Extraordinary League of Nuzlockers
#8FrankGrimeyPosted 7/31/2011 4:55:20 AM
What the hell does "Making good games" have to do with anything? That's irrelevant. Sure they aren't obligated...but you really like how they double dip you? Really?
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#9SB_Posted 7/31/2011 4:56:26 AM
Nintendo is known for staying in the dark ages and fearing the wizardry of "Online Functionality" for a reason. It's all about the Anti-Piracy to them, though it hurts their fans far more than it protects their profits. I gave away my first Wii to a pal as a going away gift years ago, and was not pleased after buying a new one when Brawl hit to see that even though I had my system linked to my Nintendo account, I was expected to rebuy all my games I got off the VC if I wanted to use them on the new system.

The other reason would be because some N64 games being notably buggy whenever they've been ported in times past, plus the effort involved with small backlog of first party options wouldn't work out too well. Most of the Nintendo games have functions that would get cut out like the GB Link, or multiplayer depending on the system being ported to. Someday they MAY end up allowing us to snag DS games at least off the 3DS, since their sizes were pretty tame and would be a nice step towards moving along with modern times with the Big N. I know I'm not the only one who wouldn't want the ability to snag classics like WarioWare Touched or Tetris DS.
---
Phantasy Star Zero - 2235 8554 8529
Feel free to add me and let me know, always interested in fun
#10J_pheonixPosted 7/31/2011 4:58:44 AM(edited)
FrankGrimey posted...
What the hell does "Making good games" have to do with anything? That's irrelevant. Sure they aren't obligated...but you really like how they double dip you? Really?

Ignore him, he always pulls stuff outta his ass to defend Nintendo.
---
"You can't fight the future. Don't spend your whole life trying."~White Shadow