my store manager (at Target) gave me his thoughts on the loophole

#1panicbxmbPosted 7/31/2011 7:01:19 AM
i chat with him about games a lot, and i brought up the $80 price drop. he said that he honestly hopes lots of people buy them now, so they can take advantage of the free games AND save the money later by doing a price adjustment after August 12.

he said he would rather take an $80 hit on a bunch of systems to gain a bunch of happy customers, who would potentially return this Christmas to buy a bunch of new games for their shiny new 3DSes.

also, he didn't know for sure how much profit our store makes per system, but he was confident in saying that we're probably still profiting after the $80 loss we'll incur from price adjustments.

...also, anyone who's saying that it's immoral - retail stores have these rules in place TO BE USED. if you buy something and it goes on sale within 14 days later (longer in some stores), then you're 100% within the rules to go get the difference back. i'm not eligible for this, since i bought my system in March, but everyone who can do this totally should.
#2Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/31/2011 7:03:35 AM
If you actually worked for Target, you'd know that they make about ~$10 per system.

I call shenanigans.
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#3paulinkPosted 7/31/2011 7:05:33 AM
The only reason people care is because they feel like they're the only one who deserve the games because they paid full price. They are butthurt that people are going to take advantage of a good deal and in retaliation they pull the "MORAL" card. When in reality, like you said, stores will still profit.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#4gamereviewgodPosted 7/31/2011 7:05:44 AM
There is hardly any profit at all on the units. That's why Nintendo themselves will reimburse the difference for the adjustment. Same goes for the units sitting on their shelves that don't sell.
---
http://www.doblu.com
http://www.multiplayergames.com
#5Soccer009Posted 7/31/2011 7:06:00 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
If you actually worked for Target, you'd know that they make about ~$10 per system.

I call shenanigans.

this
#6ryudin89Posted 7/31/2011 7:10:42 AM

People that work on the sales floor have no idea what the company makes, that's Manager and up
---
Thirst-quenching, well-seasoned, crunchy and yet chewy: We are the Elvis of snack food.-Lucis_Ferre
#7TombolaManPosted 7/31/2011 7:13:08 AM
I was an early adopter but got a decent bundle deal off Amazon. I really couldn't care less about the loophole.
#8GencoilPosted 7/31/2011 7:14:14 AM
"The only reason people care is because they feel like they're the only one who deserve the games because they paid full price"

Yeah, so? You got a problem with that? What makes you deserve them?
---
www.klustr.net || Contra Database - www.klustr.net/contra || PSN: Gencoil || 3DS: 1848-1656-3420 (PM me! I have SSF43D)
#9panicbxmb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 7:14:17 AM
ryudin89 posted...

People that work on the sales floor have no idea what the company makes, that's Manager and up

haha, this WAS my manager. apparently they don't know either.

guess he was wrong about that part, but the rest of what i said stands. retailers have rules for this kind of thing for a reason.
#10RedDeerRebelPosted 7/31/2011 7:14:45 AM
Actually at EVERY retail job I've ever had (Toys R Us, jerseys/sports memorabilia and cell phones) any time I looked up an item in inventory the cost was clearly displayed to me, a regular front line employee.