I freakin' hate the power button

#1guncrashdxPosted 7/31/2011 7:06:17 AM
First off, when you hold it down for like, 1.5 seconds, it CLOSES the software and takes you to that power off menu. What if someone pressed the power button by accident? Then too bad if they were playing Pokemon and didn't save, because when you go to the shutdown menu, it closes it. Wouldn't it make sense if it just PAUSED the software, and there's an option to go back to it if you didn't mean to turn off the system? The shutdown screen is completely useless btw, all it does is teases you that you closed your software next to a manual Power Off button.

If being able to pause your software in the shutdown screen is too much for Nintendo, then at least make the system last 3 seconds after holding down the power button just like the Wii does.
---
My name is guncrashdx, but you can just call me TC.
#2paulinkPosted 7/31/2011 7:08:56 AM
I'm not speaking for everyone but I've never pressed the power button accidentally, because it's obvious that the start, select, and home buttons are the more oboxious to press buttons. And if you press the power button in the middle of some sort of session, tough luck, you'll learn your lesson after that.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#3Soccer009Posted 7/31/2011 7:10:42 AM
that pokemon thing happened to me ticked me off...anyways i agree with you and isn't the power button in the same place has the pause button for the ds lite?
#4RolandofGileadPosted 7/31/2011 7:13:53 AM
Wow, anal retentive much?
#5DarkKamonGPosted 7/31/2011 7:15:44 AM
The power button DID pause the game originally, but with the first update I believe they changed it. I've never pressed it accidentally myself (personally, I think moving it away from where your hand comes into contact with the system is a good idea) I do use it to quit software, instead of going to the main menu and ending it.

Complain enough and they may bring back the pause feature.
#6TheGoddamnPosted 7/31/2011 7:18:43 AM
No, the power button's always quit software. The update just changed the on-screen buttons that appeared when it did. In any case, the power button is the fastest way to switch retail software as you're playing said software. Once you're used to it, then it won't be a problem.

---
"Batman to all points, I could use some air support. Because I can't fly. At all. Now would be good."
http://www.backloggery.com/TheGoddamn
#7faramir77Posted 7/31/2011 7:47:20 AM
I guess you never owned a DS. If you pressed the power button for 1/2 a second, the system would turn completely off. No warning, nothing.

Happened to me once during Phantom Hourglass.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#8Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/31/2011 7:54:33 AM
TheGoddamn posted...
No, the power button's always quit software. The update just changed the on-screen buttons that appeared when it did. In any case, the power button is the fastest way to switch retail software as you're playing said software. Once you're used to it, then it won't be a problem.

This.

They used to have a "Sleep Mode" option by the "Power Off" one, but the update changed it to only display Power Off.
---
www.ovguide.com/video/mr-brooks-mr-smith-922ca39ce10036bafd11972fe875db5a