A question about the Ambassador thing.

#1gamerman57Posted 7/31/2011 11:14:59 AM
Does it end on the 12th or after the 12th? the sticky is giving me mixed answers. These are copy and pasted directly from it:

"Anyone who connects or has connected their 3DS to the eShop before 11th August becomes a 3DS Ambassador. Part of this involves getting free games to say thank you/apologise for the price cut."

and

"If you buy or register your 3DS after 12th August, you are not eligible for these free games. These are for customers who purchase and connect their console before that date."

Which one is it? If I buy on on the 12th will I still be eligible?
#2PokeMasterPosted 7/31/2011 11:21:05 AM(edited)
gamerman57 posted...
Does it end on the 12th or after the 12th? the sticky is giving me mixed answers. These are copy and pasted directly from it:

"Anyone who connects or has connected their 3DS to the eShop before 11th August becomes a 3DS Ambassador. Part of this involves getting free games to say thank you/apologise for the price cut."

and

"If you buy or register your 3DS after 12th August, you are not eligible for these free games. These are for customers who purchase and connect their console before that date."

How is that a mixed answer?

Anyone who connects or has connected their 3DS to the eShop before 11th August becomes a 3DS Ambassador

If you buy or register your 3DS after 12th August, you are not eligible for these free games.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#3TediousMattPosted 7/31/2011 11:22:30 AM
The article...

"These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/07/faq_nintendo_ambassador_program_and_free_eshop_games?page=2
---
Yuji Kaido hates black people. And it makes Jesus cry. T^T
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 7/31/2011 11:23:09 AM
Isn't it specifically 11:59 pm Eastern Time on August 11th for North America, and the same time for Europe, but Central European time?
#5Starwars4JPosted 7/31/2011 11:24:34 AM

gamerman57 posted...

and

Wow. Wooooow. How is that confusing? If you buy before the 12th you're an ambassador. If you buy after you're not. And you don't know if you can be an ambassador after?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6PokeMasterPosted 7/31/2011 11:27:20 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...
Isn't it specifically 11:59 pm Eastern Time on August 11th for North America, and the same time for Europe, but Central European time?

It's 11:59pm 11 AUG for whatever region your 3DS is (and if your region has multiple timezones, whichever is notified)
---
#7gamerman57(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 11:27:46 AM
Woooooooow. I really need to get some sleep. Sorry.
#8TheDarkNerdPosted 7/31/2011 11:41:21 AM
Bluh, I don't have consistent internets right now. If I have already connected to the eShop some weeks ago, am I eligible? Or will it have to be some time soon I connect?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#9PokeMasterPosted 7/31/2011 1:19:40 PM
TheDarkNerd posted...
Bluh, I don't have consistent internets right now. If I have already connected to the eShop some weeks ago, am I eligible? Or will it have to be some time soon I connect?

If you've conected to the eShop you're an ambassador. full stop.
---
#10xoftheuniversePosted 7/31/2011 1:26:33 PM
Tc has a point the way that is worded is incorrect. it SHOULD say if you buy or register your 3DS after the 11th you are not an ambassador.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse