Rawr, why Nintendo?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Rawr, why Nintendo?
4 years ago#1
I've babied my 3DS every day. I literally take 15 seconds just to close it carefully. But I can count 5 or so small scratches on my top screen around where the frame of the bottom screen made contact.

So.. I've resorted to unnecessary measures to prevent this from happening.. I cut very small pieces of card stock off, placed them above the rubber bumpers that are SUPPOSED to keep the screens from contacting, and taped them on. Looks ghetto, but I think it will get the job done..

My main question here is will this affect anything? Will weak scotch tape damage the 3DS?

Gonna have to pick up one of those tooth brush stickers for my D pad too.. I shouldn't have to apply cardstock, tape, and toothbrush stickers to my system in order to make it not damage itself and easier to use.. How could Nintendo not have seen these issues?
4 years ago#2

I literally take 15 seconds just to close it carefully.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/104/

*EDIT*

Actually, just apply that to the entire topic.

---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
4 years ago#3
3DS is more complex to manufacturer then the other DS models, and thus is more likely to arrive at the shelf with hardware defects.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
4 years ago#4
Buy some screen protectors.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
4 years ago#5
I just put one one of those eye glass cleaning cloths in-between the top and bottom. No scratches. I've had it since launch.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.8
4 years ago#6
OmegaZero633 posted...
3DS is more complex to manufacturer then the other DS models, and thus is more likely to arrive at the shelf with hardware defects.

This is a simple problem that should have been addressed long before it shipped though. There's NO EXCUSE for this issue. Especially since this is Nintendo we're talking about.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
4 years ago#7
ashockey posted...
I just put one one of those eye glass cleaning cloths in-between the top and bottom. No scratches. I've had it since launch.

I do that too.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
4 years ago#8
I put the microfiber cloth from the cleaning kit between the screens and have screen protectors on.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/27jake23 SUBSCRIBE
4 years ago#9
Starwars4J posted...
OmegaZero633 posted...

This is a simple problem that should have been addressed long before it shipped though. There's NO EXCUSE for this issue. Especially since this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Didn't say this was an excuse. o.o
I hate hardware defects as much as the next person.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
4 years ago#10
The 3DS just has a "rushed through development" feel to me. Most likely to be out before the Vita and have some game library for the Christmas buying season. Using things like tape, card, cloth to prevent itself from self-destruction is simply unacceptable. I was considering buying one after the price drop, but may wait for a re-design.

I got a hard shell case when I bought my DSi, but that was optional, not a necessity.

* Nintendo rushes a flawed product to market
* Nintendo then charges too much for it- Sales are down.
* Nintendo then drops price, to sell off the first flawed design Incarnation

My prediction of the near future:

* Nintendo then releases a re-designed 3DS, without the flaws, a new feature or two at a higher price

It's not just the 3D screens which induce headaches.
---
"I also care about the people that don't care about not caring. If we get on these boards, we all kinda care."
-Perrywinkle97
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Rawr, why Nintendo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived