Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
I think they should have a front page with
•New Games
•3DS Download (inludes 3D Classics)
•DSiWare
•Virtual Console
•Retail Games (just to see what's out)
•Staff Picks and Featured Games
And in each selection you can look for games based on price or genre.

The current organization is terrible because you can't find anything beyond Virtual Console.

*Newgames= recent arrivals check it out
3DS downloads= 3D games check it out
DSIware: yes agreed this needs to be added
Virtual console= virtual console check it out
Retail games= games in stores now (iirc) check it out
Staff picks= staff picks check it out

90% of what you asked for is on there already
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#12Mariofan15Posted 7/31/2011 6:44:05 PM
leak_man posted...
^Only someone in denial would say that.

If I hadn't heard of it beforehand, I would've never known that Earthworm Jim was on the shop.

I'm sorry. I didnt realize that I was in denial because I have no problems with how the Eshop is set up >_>.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#13Luke_the_Duke15Posted 7/31/2011 6:55:45 PM
I know it's all there, I'm saying that only those categories and the selections at the left with the charts and ratings etc should be there. There's no need to have most of the main menu be genres if it could all be under all the other categories to make navigating easier. It just looks sloppy how the categories on the main menu are always changing. They should just take all the genres on the main menu, and put them underneath Virtual Console, 3DS Downloads, and DSiWare Downloads, if they ever put it on there. 3DS Downloads should also be divided into 3D Classics and "3DSWare" when we get more titles for it.
---
If you're reading this, then that means you should move on to the next post.
#14MicroOmegaManPosted 7/31/2011 6:58:11 PM
Yusuke Urameshi posted...
Forget sorting. I'm reluctant to buy anything from the eShop because purchases are tied to the hardware instead of an account like on PS3/P and XBox 360. If something happens to my hardware, my purchases go poof.

Plus what if there's someone else in the household who also wants a 3DS? Then you have to buy everything twice. On PSP, I only have to buy once, and my downloads are available on any hardware I'm logged in on.

Link to Club Nintendo.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#15SatarackPosted 7/31/2011 7:01:48 PM
The biggest problem with it is the layout. I don't mind so much the odd category names, they do make sense if think about it (Be Someone Else = Simulation games, High Speed = Racing Games, Learn on-the-Go = Edutainment and Art creation games, etc.). The problem is that you can only really see 3-5 different things on the screen at once depending on which menu you are in.
---
QI, the only fake gameshow that will take points away from panelists for false positive answers in previous episodes.
#16HollowNinjaPosted 7/31/2011 9:30:47 PM
Yusuke Urameshi posted...
Forget sorting. I'm reluctant to buy anything from the eShop because purchases are tied to the hardware instead of an account like on PS3/P and XBox 360. If something happens to my hardware, my purchases go poof.

Plus what if there's someone else in the household who also wants a 3DS? Then you have to buy everything twice. On PSP, I only have to buy once, and my downloads are available on any hardware I'm logged in on.

You're reluctant. I'm basically boycotting it until they tie purchases to the account.

Satarack posted...
The biggest problem with it is the layout. I don't mind so much the odd category names, they do make sense if think about it (Be Someone Else = Simulation games, High Speed = Racing Games, Learn on-the-Go = Edutainment and Art creation games, etc.). The problem is that you can only really see 3-5 different things on the screen at once depending on which menu you are in.

Actually, the categories they are using are one of the biggest problems.

They should sort it similar to XBL or PSN, where you have the major categories (full games, demos, videos, ect.). Below that, you have sub-categories. New Releases, Most Popular, etc.

And there should also be an option to view all the games in an alphabetical list. I realize there is a search function, but sometimes people just want to browse.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL
#17The_BonesPosted 7/31/2011 9:41:42 PM
It definitely needs some better organization as its a mess right now.
#18lp913Posted 8/1/2011 12:09:37 AM
The_Bones posted...
It definitely needs some better organization as its a mess right now.

Agree, ESPECIALLY for DSiWare games.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]
#19VyersPosted 8/1/2011 12:15:56 AM
trizznilla posted...
over to the left there's a search button, with a bunch of filters. I realize it may be a tad complicated to push a grand total of five buttons. I feel like you guys complain before any digging is done. And why don't you compare the eshop to the appstore?

Or we can compare it to something good.

Fact: An argument that includes "You think this is bad? Look at THAT other thing! That's bad too!" is almost never a good one. If you have to defend something by holding it up to low standards, then what you're defending sucks.

The eShop is poorly-designed, when compared to most services. I mean, at what point is it okay for Nintendo's latest download service to be more cumbersome than their last two?
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous