Looks like the high price was done on purpose

#1legendarylemurPosted 7/31/2011 5:36:32 PM
Seems Nintendo's been very relaxed lately... They're taking risks like no tomorrow. After all, since they always win the handheld war, who wouldn't wanna experiment from time to time.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=157896&sid=6418b52a7f9a81e48860311725af7ae2

It seems they wanted to test the 3rd party developers. Now we're probably going to get more 3rd party support with this price drop.

Anyways, interesting new infos in that article.

- Iwata admitted that retailer revenue will go down, but there will be an overall benefit from more systems sold

So my suspicions were right. They were selling the console far beyond the equilibrium.

:D Mii Plaza update!!

Oh, and also according to this article, Nintendo is not disappearing anytime soon. They have far too much money, you see? lolol sorry haters.

I'm personally not worried for the 3DS one bit. I mean, there are games that can only be played as handhelds, and if I learned anything from the PSP, it feels the Vita isn't gonna provide the handheld experience that I want tbqh. So if the 3DS dies, I think that's pretty much the final nail on the coffin for me in terms of gaming.
---
apples bananas peaches
My karma was 666 on May 7th 2011, May 10th 2011
#2Starwars4JPosted 7/31/2011 5:42:17 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59896506
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Ben ReillyPosted 7/31/2011 5:43:53 PM
The high price was done because they thought they could do no wrong, and with everyone drooling over the 3DS at E3 they thought they could charge what ever.

There was no master plan, they thought people would over pay and they were wrong.

You don't purposely allow your stock price to drop to its lowest levels in 6 years.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#4MicroOmegaManPosted 7/31/2011 5:44:44 PM
- the original price of the 3DS was a challenge for third parties

You misinterpreted this, I believe.
How do I reword this.......the intended meaning is:
"the original price of the 3DS ended up challenging third parties"
Not:
"we priced the 3DS to challenge third parties"

Does that make sense?
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#5Ben ReillyPosted 7/31/2011 5:46:27 PM
MicroOmegaMan posted...
- the original price of the 3DS was a challenge for third parties

You misinterpreted this, I believe.
How do I reword this.......the intended meaning is:
"the original price of the 3DS ended up challenging third parties"
Not:
"we priced the 3DS to challenge third parties"

Does that make sense?

This
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#6OmegaZero633Posted 7/31/2011 6:20:48 PM
The only people who thought Nintendo was going to 'die' were ignorant haters. :/

Even intelligent haters knew that Nintendo wasn't finished.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#7emagdnEPosted 7/31/2011 6:24:50 PM
Looks like the high price was done on purpose
duh

they were milking those who remain loyal to them, they were never in any real danger, this was their plan all along
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron