Why didn't they just drop price on announcement day??

#1panama_chiefPosted 7/31/2011 8:40:49 PM
Would've stopped the loopholers and gave the early buyers(moral cop types) less to gripe about. I'm wondering why that specific date?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......
#2whitaker6490Posted 7/31/2011 8:42:21 PM
How would that have stopped loopholers and why the hell does it even matter?
---
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can." -- Shawn Michaels
#3Mr_MewPosted 7/31/2011 8:42:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Nintendo would of received more crap if they announced such a drastic price drop without telling anyone. Just sayin'.
---
MH3: Martel.
#4theabominationPosted 7/31/2011 8:43:25 PM
To give retailers a chance to try to unload their current inventory.
---
'You want more play time, put it in the system and play it again.' -Canine Philosopher
#5Mariofan15Posted 7/31/2011 8:44:16 PM
bronx718 posted...
Would've stopped the loopholers and gave the early buyers(moral cop types) less to gripe about. I'm wondering why that specific date?

Use your head. People would of been pissed if they did that right on the day they announced it because Nintendo made no mention of it>_>.
---
Pokemon White:1163-1399-0122
Nintendo 3DS:3394-3658-2611
#6MINJI20Posted 7/31/2011 8:46:57 PM
How would they have done the Ambassador program? Nintendo isn't losing any money from the loopholes, retailers are. They could probably care less. They also have a chance to make more money by luring in new people with the 20 free games.
#7panama_chief(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 8:55:54 PM
Loophole stopping: if they announce a price drop and do it the same day how are people going to take advantage of the loophole if most are outside 7/14/30 day policies for price matching?

If the ambassador program has been implemented to "make up" to people who bought their consoles before the price drop, why would they gripe more if the drop was done earlier? The console is already in hand and they are still in the program getting free games.

Now that it's been said, those few weeks of "get it and get in the program" might up the sales....guess we'll know in September.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......