10 things ninty needs to fix asap:

#51GEKGanonPosted 8/1/2011 6:48:20 AM
Here is what I think Nintendo really needs to fix...

1. Figure out an effective way to market this system as something different than the regular DS. Most people aren't getting that it is a new system.

2. Make dramatic changes in the packaging for games. The white cases and the 3DS logo on the opposite side aren't enough to make the games easily distinguishable from the regular DS.

3. Fix. Online. Support. Seriously, this happens every generation with Nintendo, they constantly say they'll make it better, then they do stupid crap like make big titles like StarFox local multiplayer only.
---
Name: Daniel / Town: Poo-land / FC: 0817-8041-6018
#52lp913Posted 8/1/2011 9:23:30 AM
GEKGanon posted...
Here is what I think Nintendo really needs to fix...

1. Figure out an effective way to market this system as something different than the regular DS. Most people aren't getting that it is a new system.

2. Make dramatic changes in the packaging for games. The white cases and the 3DS logo on the opposite side aren't enough to make the games easily distinguishable from the regular DS.

3. Fix. Online. Support. Seriously, this happens every generation with Nintendo, they constantly say they'll make it better, then they do stupid crap like make big titles like StarFox local multiplayer only.

1) ALREADY have your answer: behold this ad from the UK, all NOA would have to do is copy and paste for American TV, maybe with a different announcer (credits goes to gamefaqs user PhantomSword for the link!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRrviEHeN2M

2) Changes in the packaging is dramatic enough as is. 3DS cases are Wii-like white as opposed to DS' black and the logo on the package art are on opposite ends of each other.

3) Agree here, they could at least make a messaging system on par with what the Wii had and they have announced the inclusion of paid DLC by year's end. But for free (and with their new aggressive stance in making 3DS a success) they should patch up SF643D with an online vs. mode.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020] [GE007 FC: 1237-3974-3165] [COD: BO FC: 2463-7578-3340] [TvC: UAS FC: 2923-0604-8719] [SW3 FC: 0045-9248-8653]
#53mcsmellingtonPosted 8/1/2011 10:43:20 AM
I don't think the packaging is very different to standard DS games to be honest. Especially in the local Asda, the preowned 3DS and DS games are all stuck together, and the 3DS ones aren't different enough to stand out.
---
GT: McPoo
#54CorruptedRPGPosted 8/1/2011 11:34:54 AM
Majora006 | Posted 8/1/2011 6:16:22 AM | message detail | quote | (edited)
uh no. because if you use that effort that was used to push y, and you push e instead, you'll have push 5 letters either way. now you just need to type the other THREE. So YOU are wrong.
Another way to look at it is, Nintendo is 8 letters in length, Ninty is 5
5 + 3 = 8
push e instead of y (still 5) then finish the other 3 (now its 8).

Too lazy to add the remaining three is what was said from the word Ninty.

Ninty (5 letters) + ndo (remaining 3)

If you delete the y and add e, that would end up being 4 letters added

Ninty - y = Nint (4 letters) + e (1 letter) + ndo (3 letters)

Try harder
---
C. Playing:
#55DerpyHoovesPosted 8/1/2011 11:50:01 AM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Majora006 | Posted 8/1/2011 6:16:22 AM | message detail | quote | (edited)
uh no. because if you use that effort that was used to push y, and you push e instead, you'll have push 5 letters either way. now you just need to type the other THREE. So YOU are wrong.
Another way to look at it is, Nintendo is 8 letters in length, Ninty is 5
5 + 3 = 8
push e instead of y (still 5) then finish the other 3 (now its 8).

Too lazy to add the remaining three is what was said from the word Ninty.

Ninty (5 letters) + ndo (remaining 3)

If you delete the y and add e, that would end up being 4 letters added

Ninty - y = Nint (4 letters) + e (1 letter) + ndo (3 letters)

Try harder

I can't believe this argument is still going on from last night.
And over something so mundane has how many letters it takes to type "Nintendo" against "Ninty."

Then again...

...I AM at GameFAQs.
---
Yuwai posted...
There are about 54 thursdays in a year. We'll get more eventually...
#56Urza PlanewalkerPosted 8/1/2011 12:44:24 PM
shahed1987 posted...
- virtual console games worth getting. -- Yeah it could use some more, but won't affect me. I'll never buy anything online from a Nintendo shop until it's tied to an account rather than the system
- online messaging -- Never play online so doesn't affect me. Useful feature though
- ability to add online friends -- Same as previous
- flash/youtube support -- Useful, but not really necessary.
- a reward system [achievements/trophies] -- Again would be nice to have, but not necessary
- rpg support -- Will get eventually. Not worried
- more to do in mii plaza -- Not interested
- nintendo video? worst/most limited idea ever -- Not interested
- online support for all first party multiplayer games -- Doesn't affect me, but it's a feature that should be there
- 3d classics/games -- Would like

Having the 3DS be Region Free is the only other thing that I'd want

Wait...if you refuse to download anything how would you benefit from 3d classics/games? Methinks theres something fishy afoot!
---
"See the BEAR of fearsome size! All the WORLD'S within his eyes. TIME grows thin, the past's a riddle; The TOWER awaits you in the middle."
#57Spiffy247Posted 8/1/2011 12:51:19 PM
1: better ad campaign
2: more Nintendo titles
3: Give us Earthbound
4: Give us Mother 3
5: Give us Earthbound
6: Give us more system colours
7: Give us Mother 3 AND Earthbound
8: I like soup
9: I'm very attractive
10: Get Reggie to break through the walls at Sony's Vita factories and KICK SOME ASS.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#58AdmiralLoknarPosted 8/1/2011 1:10:07 PM
k
#59shahed1987Posted 8/1/2011 1:18:54 PM
Urza Planewalker posted...
Wait...if you refuse to download anything how would you benefit from 3d classics/games? Methinks theres something fishy afoot!

Must have misread it. I was thinking of more enhanced ports/remakes a la Ocarina Of Time 3D
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shahed1987&show=0&order=4
PSN Tag: Shahed1987
#60HollowNinjaPosted 8/1/2011 1:24:20 PM
1. Revamp the online system. Ditch friend codes and allow people to have user accounts in a unified online service.
2. Tied downloaded games to the account, not to the device.
3. Allow Wii VC games to be played on the 3DS, and vice-versa.
4. Redo the eShop completely.

That's all I can think of, but there are definitely more problems that Nintendo needs to fix out there.
---
http://backloggery.com/hollowninja Steam: DJ illi ill
PSN: DJ_iLLi_iLL XBL: DJ iLLi iLL