Did the GC have better graphics than the Wii?

#11ORANGE666Posted 7/31/2011 10:27:31 PM
The Wii is an overclocked Gamecube. They even use some of the same hardware.
#12elheberPosted 7/31/2011 11:05:05 PM
King of Nerds, I don't believe you are the king of nerds. You don't like OK Go videos nor do you know if the Wii is stronger than the GC; therefore, you are no king of mine.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#13EvilMewtwoPosted 7/31/2011 11:23:51 PM(edited)
ORANGE666 posted...

Of course they use some of the same hardware. The Wii isn't powerful enough for total software emulation, so to be BC with Gamecube games they had to include some GC parts.

Going by your logic, the 60 gig and 80 gig launch-brick PS3s are just overclocked PS2s because they weren't powerful enough for total software emulation either.

Oh, did I mention that even if that wasn't true you'd be able to argue that you're right? I mean, they use the same molded parts for the Gamecube controller ports on top of the Wii. That's hardware, and shared between the GC and Wii.

tl;dr: Your post has no proof that what you're saying is true.
---
[BiadesAkimbo 7x Dual Blade] [NightReigns 10x Hermit] [Elementaiizt 10x Dragon Knight]
gMS Khaini -=-=-=-=- Currently leveling: BiadesAkimbo
#14Jelley0Posted 7/31/2011 11:21:45 PM
You don't deserve that username.
---
3DS: 0559-6766-9741
#15blablablax17Posted 7/31/2011 11:22:31 PM
Jelley0 posted...
You don't deserve that username.

agreed
serious topic?
#16SkyCrackersPosted 7/31/2011 11:27:17 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Not really. Only a few games had better graphics then what the GC did. Other then that,the graphics were more or less equal.

The Wii has better graphics capabilities than the GC, regardless of whether developers choose to use them. End of story.
---
Best 2D Mario game: Mario vs. Donkey Kong.
#17ORANGE666Posted 8/1/2011 11:01:38 AM
EvilMewtwo posted...
ORANGE666 posted...

Of course they use some of the same hardware. The Wii isn't powerful enough for total software emulation, so to be BC with Gamecube games they had to include some GC parts.

Going by your logic, the 60 gig and 80 gig launch-brick PS3s are just overclocked PS2s because they weren't powerful enough for total software emulation either.

Oh, did I mention that even if that wasn't true you'd be able to argue that you're right? I mean, they use the same molded parts for the Gamecube controller ports on top of the Wii. That's hardware, and shared between the GC and Wii.

tl;dr: Your post has no proof that what you're saying is true.

I know what you mean by hardware emulation, but I wasn't referring to that.
Look up the Wii hardware, it actually is the same except overclocked
#18r_m_8_8Posted 8/1/2011 11:12:27 AM
Did the GC have better graphics than the Wii?

Lol, this was asked and stated around here a lot back when the Wii was getting the most hate during its life cycle. I always found it hilarious because you can play every single GCN game on Wii.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.