I think this price drop might give me the incentive to buy a JP 3DS.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I think this price drop might give me the incentive to buy a JP 3DS.

User Info: MuteProtagonist

MuteProtagonist
5 years ago#1
Considering the region lock. Pirating sounds too complicated. :V

Uhhhhh, right, so I've never imported a console before, let alone a handheld, so I have a question about the power supply. (I ask because my dad acquired a EU(?) XBox 360 and the power plug was something I've never seen before. Didn't work, so we used my US plug.) Will I have to buy a new battery or will I be required to use the power plug it comes with......Would that even work? I'm concerned that that plug might not be usable on the US voltage. >_< I just don't know the specifications.
"I swear by all of Kagutsuchi, Mu's ass will be greater than Litchi's meatbuns" - Dragonblade01

User Info: DarkKamonG

DarkKamonG
5 years ago#2
Here's a pic of the charger:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zybzbd.jpg

Input is 100-120V. I live in the UK, and use a 230>110V converter for both my Japanese Wii and 3DS. Not sure what voltage is average in US, but as said, 100-120V should be fine, as long as you can use flat pins (not sure if America uses round ones or not).

User Info: Nekoakuma

Nekoakuma
5 years ago#3
Just buy a DSi charger locally. It will be fine.

Just check your customs/post rules as some companies do not allow li-on batteries through the post.

I've had some stuff knocked back by Japan post as well due to having li-on batteries. (I couldn't get a 3DS sent over to me from Amazaon JPN or Rakuten or Yahoo Auctions JPN)

Australia Post also supposedly bans li-on batteries from being sent in the mail, but some get through still.
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)

Nekoakuma
5 years ago#4
DarkKamonG posted...

Input is 100-120V. I live in the UK, and use a 230>110V converter for both my Japanese Wii and 3DS. Not sure what voltage is average in US, but as said, 100-120V should be fine, as long as you can use flat pins (not sure if America uses round ones or not).

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a local Wii powerbrick and a DSi charger?

That's what I did when I brought my 3DS to Australia and left my AUS Wii in Japan.

User Info: ShadowsOfDusk

ShadowsOfDusk
5 years ago#5
The adapter will be trouble for you, Japanese electronics give out less voltage than american products.
GT: CrimsonPyroX

User Info: DarkKamonG

DarkKamonG
5 years ago#6
PokeMaster posted...
DarkKamonG posted...

That's what I did when I brought my 3DS to Australia and left my AUS Wii in Japan.

Technically, yeah, but I wasn't sure if a UK power block would work on the Wii back then, and already having the converter I couldn't be bothered to buy a DSi charger for the 3DS. My dads girlfriend has a DSi though, so I can pinch her charger if I ever need it. =]

Nekoakuma
5 years ago#7
DarkKamonG posted...
PokeMaster posted...
DarkKamonG posted...

Technically, yeah, but I wasn't sure if a UK power block would work on the Wii back then, and already having the converter I couldn't be bothered to buy a DSi charger for the 3DS. My dads girlfriend has a DSi though, so I can pinch her charger if I ever need it. =]

Ah kay. If you already had one then it makes more sense.

User Info: MuteProtagonist

MuteProtagonist
5 years ago#8
Hmmm, Well, the adapter looks the same, so I shouldn't have too much trouble. And I found out that 100V generally works in the states. Thanks for all the answers.
"I swear by all of Kagutsuchi, Mu's ass will be greater than Litchi's meatbuns" - Dragonblade01
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I think this price drop might give me the incentive to buy a JP 3DS.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived