I think this price drop might give me the incentive to buy a JP 3DS.

#1MuteProtagonistPosted 8/1/2011 1:33:41 AM
Considering the region lock. Pirating sounds too complicated. :V

Uhhhhh, right, so I've never imported a console before, let alone a handheld, so I have a question about the power supply. (I ask because my dad acquired a EU(?) XBox 360 and the power plug was something I've never seen before. Didn't work, so we used my US plug.) Will I have to buy a new battery or will I be required to use the power plug it comes with......Would that even work? I'm concerned that that plug might not be usable on the US voltage. >_< I just don't know the specifications.
---
"I swear by all of Kagutsuchi, Mu's ass will be greater than Litchi's meatbuns" - Dragonblade01
#2DarkKamonGPosted 8/1/2011 1:58:15 AM
Here's a pic of the charger:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zybzbd.jpg

Input is 100-120V. I live in the UK, and use a 230>110V converter for both my Japanese Wii and 3DS. Not sure what voltage is average in US, but as said, 100-120V should be fine, as long as you can use flat pins (not sure if America uses round ones or not).
#3NekoakumaPosted 8/1/2011 1:59:19 AM
Just buy a DSi charger locally. It will be fine.

Just check your customs/post rules as some companies do not allow li-on batteries through the post.

I've had some stuff knocked back by Japan post as well due to having li-on batteries. (I couldn't get a 3DS sent over to me from Amazaon JPN or Rakuten or Yahoo Auctions JPN)

Australia Post also supposedly bans li-on batteries from being sent in the mail, but some get through still.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#4NekoakumaPosted 8/1/2011 2:00:26 AM
DarkKamonG posted...

Input is 100-120V. I live in the UK, and use a 230>110V converter for both my Japanese Wii and 3DS. Not sure what voltage is average in US, but as said, 100-120V should be fine, as long as you can use flat pins (not sure if America uses round ones or not).

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a local Wii powerbrick and a DSi charger?

That's what I did when I brought my 3DS to Australia and left my AUS Wii in Japan.
---
#5ShadowsOfDuskPosted 8/1/2011 2:07:03 AM
The adapter will be trouble for you, Japanese electronics give out less voltage than american products.
---
GT: CrimsonPyroX
#6DarkKamonGPosted 8/1/2011 2:07:22 AM
PokeMaster posted...
DarkKamonG posted...

That's what I did when I brought my 3DS to Australia and left my AUS Wii in Japan.

Technically, yeah, but I wasn't sure if a UK power block would work on the Wii back then, and already having the converter I couldn't be bothered to buy a DSi charger for the 3DS. My dads girlfriend has a DSi though, so I can pinch her charger if I ever need it. =]
#7NekoakumaPosted 8/1/2011 2:09:21 AM
DarkKamonG posted...
PokeMaster posted...
DarkKamonG posted...

Technically, yeah, but I wasn't sure if a UK power block would work on the Wii back then, and already having the converter I couldn't be bothered to buy a DSi charger for the 3DS. My dads girlfriend has a DSi though, so I can pinch her charger if I ever need it. =]

Ah kay. If you already had one then it makes more sense.
---
#8MuteProtagonist(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 2:51:09 AM
Hmmm, Well, the adapter looks the same, so I shouldn't have too much trouble. And I found out that 100V generally works in the states. Thanks for all the answers.
---
"I swear by all of Kagutsuchi, Mu's ass will be greater than Litchi's meatbuns" - Dragonblade01