Taking advantage of the price drop, how is it not wrong?

#1aidsleenPosted 8/1/2011 8:05:01 AM
Read it all or don't botherfraud/frd/Noun1. Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

2. A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

now legally speaking, i am sure this is illegal, but we all know anyone who does this is safe, nothing will hold in court.

the theory that many stores will tell consumers ahead of time about the price drop and the free games as compensation, then not allowing returns is far from stupid (as many of you little trolls disagree)

i've seen a couple of people who seem to think they have gone to university and studied price change garuntees.

fact is yes there will be places you can take advantage of the price change.

no you will not get in any legal trouble.

but UNDENIABLY this is morally wrong, you will be stealing from your retailer.

feel free to take advantage of it if you can, $80 is alot of money, but please don't brag about it. honestly i am happy for anyone who does it, my problem is people feeling so smug about fraud.

"WRONGFUL or criminal DECEPTION intended to result in FINANCIAL OR PERSONAL GAIN."

So, yes, fraud.

tl;dr:

Yes, it will be possible

No, you most probably will not get inlegal trouble.

despite this it is still fraud

it is still wrong

#2WickedSickJoshPosted 8/1/2011 8:11:07 AM
I don't believe it's illegal but it is shady. I couldn't care less for those people that will be "working the system" so to speak, but at the very least they should admit what they're doing makes them a cheapskate. :-/
---
"I've never killed anyone. I don't need to kill anyone. I think it. I have it here. *points to head*" - Charles Manson
#3kingdumbfartsPosted 8/1/2011 8:13:22 AM
better than just downloading them on an emulator
---
If you believe in Lord Famas and have accepted him as your Lord and Savior put this in your signature.
http://i54.tinypic.com/14n3cjt.jpg
#4aidsleen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 8:14:37 AM

Sorry for the double post straight off the bat

(i assume) the reason nintendo made the dates immediately next to eachother is so that all consumers will either get the games or the price drop.

Also that the returns of consoles will (again, i assume) not effect nintendo as companies will only recieve updated rebates/refunds on systems sold after the price drop dates.

but again, sincerely, good luck to you all.

if it sits right with your morals, i say go for it

#5LightHawKnightPosted 8/1/2011 8:14:48 AM
Technically it is not illegal, but taking advantage of someone with a loophole generally is not a good thing at all. Hell I would do it in a heartbeat if I could, but I would acknowledge what I am doing is wrong and not right. I really hate people who try to sugar coat it and say they are doing nothing wrong at all, like those people who pirate and try to defend themselves.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#6NoPointMadePosted 8/1/2011 8:18:15 AM
You are not falsifying anything by taking advantage of a current system, therefore, it's not fraud.

I don' t think Nintendo has a moral ground on this, the bottom line for them is to push the hardware out. The 20 free games is intended to appease the early adopters. To get more customers who are on the fence on the price, and possibly snatch prospective Vita buyers is Nintendo's priority right now. Giving away 20 old games they already profitted from is nothing.

TL:DR; Nintendo's intention is for the majority to own the damn 3DS before the launch of the monster that is Vita. The methodology on how people acquire them or giving away old games is probably irrelevant. So, just chill and let's enjoy your new 3DS's, okay?
#7GM_Posted 8/1/2011 8:19:18 AM
Butthurt fanboy/butthurt fanboi. A person that rages on message boards because they don't agree with something, hence uber white knight syndrome.
2. A person that threatens others with criminal slander, typically by unjustifiably telling individuals they are stealing or advocating theft.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#8aidsleen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 8:20:02 AM

LightHawKnight posted...
Technically it is not illegal, but taking advantage of someone with a loophole generally is not a good thing at all. Hell I would do it in a heartbeat if I could, but I would acknowledge what I am doing is wrong and not right. I really hate people who try to sugar coat it and say they are doing nothing wrong at all, like those people who pirate and try to defend themselves.

this is the way i see it, personally if possible, i would try to recieve the difference.

no i would not feel good about, nor would i gloat.

#9kingdumbfartsPosted 8/1/2011 8:21:42 AM
I'm not doing it, nor am I buying a 3DS, but it is old, digital content that's not even for sale.
---
If you believe in Lord Famas and have accepted him as your Lord and Savior put this in your signature.
http://i54.tinypic.com/14n3cjt.jpg
#10MattperdPosted 8/1/2011 8:22:21 AM
GM_ posted...
Butthurt fanboy/butthurt fanboi. A person that rages on message boards because they don't agree with something, hence uber white knight syndrome.
2. A person that threatens others with criminal slander, typically by unjustifiably telling individuals they are stealing or advocating theft.

Canttellifserious.jpg
---
Poke' Black: 4555 9840 5971
"The epitome of a douche move would be to allow N64 games in 3D classics, then add like, StarFox and OoT." - PhantomSword