Taking advantage of the price drop, how is it not wrong?

#71pariah164Posted 8/1/2011 2:06:46 PM
This again?!

Shut. Up.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until Legend of Dragoon is released as a PSOne Classic in the US!
#72TrentHawkinsPosted 8/1/2011 2:08:15 PM

TrentHawkins posted...

The offers are not as separate as you want to believe since THE BILL IS STILL BEING FOOTED BY NINTENDO IN BOTH CASES.

Good god, what is so hard to understand about that?

Nothing. But either...

A) Nintendo was well aware that people would be eligible for both & accounted for this

or

B) Nintendo was grossly incompetent for not realizing this

If it's A, which is most likely, then there isn't a problem. If it's B, then Nintendo can deal with the situation by...

1) Rescinding the free games offer - angering consumers
2) Refusing to reimburse retailers - angering retailers & likely getting them sued
3) Eat the cost - keeping retailers & consumers happy

Since we're talking about morality here, the moral thing for Nintendo to do would be to take responsibility for their mistake and honor thier agreements with retailers & consumers and just accept the loss. In any of these scenarios, I don't see how it is the consumers fault.

And that justifies you in taking advantage of them...How? Oh right, it doesn't.
---
Good idea: giving the kender a shiny coin for disabling the trapped hall.
Bad idea: showing the kender a shiny coin and tossing it down the trapped hall.
#73megaman3dsPosted 8/1/2011 2:09:59 PM
TrentHawkins posted...

Were the hot wings supposed to be compensation for not getting the $2 off? No? Then the situation is not comparable.

You may want to re-read the press release again. The 20 free games aren't compensation. They're a goodwill gesture from Nintendo to anyone buying a 3DS before August 12th. No where does it say "For those that spent $250 on a system, we're offering 20 free games to help makes things even between you and those that will be getting a 3DS for $80 cheaper". According to the press release, how much you paid for the 3DS is irrelevant.

I bought a 3DS before August 12th. That means I qualify for the 20 free games.
I also happen to qualify for Best Buy's price guarantee, which I will take advantage of as well in order to get $80 back.

I know you like to think this program was only meant for those that paid $250 for this system, but that's not what Nintendo said and that's just made up BS that you like to believe.
#74OmegaZero633Posted 8/1/2011 2:15:05 PM
pariah164 posted...
This again?!

Shut. Up.

This.
It's crude, but sums up my thoughts.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#75KyoskuePosted 8/1/2011 2:34:45 PM
HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ033 posted...
It's not wrongful because it's in their return policy. It's not criminal deception because what is being done is not criminal, it's part of their return policy to lower the price on an item if it drops in price.

Yeah; to compensate you for a loss, except for the fact that you're already receiving compensation.
Also, it's not their return policy.

That's how you're using fraud wrong. Happy now?

Sure; but not because of your flawed reply that ignored the biggest part of the problem.

I find it funny how you feel sorry a multi-million dollar company is losing out on cash instead of your fellow consumer.

And I find it funny that you think that you are more important than other people.
None of us know you; you could be a total jerk that eats babies and drinks orphan tears for all that we know, at least if Nintendo gets our money they'll keep making games.
What'll you do with it besides buying pot or frivolously spending it on some other selfish commodity?

The 20 free games aren't just supposed to be a free gift; Nintendo is already compensating you for the $80 difference for buying it at $250.
Getting the $80 compensation a second time is fraud; it doesn't matter if you're using a store's flawed price adjustment system or not.

Seriously; go reread the Ambassador program announcement, and then honestly try to tell me that it isn't written that you're supposed to get one or the other.
#76Cave_LionPosted 8/1/2011 2:59:59 PM
IT's not illegal. Who gives a rats ass about morals? **** me. Look after yourself FFS.
---
http://www.50birds.com/extan/images/extancavelionsciam83.jpg
#77megaman3dsPosted 8/1/2011 3:07:58 PM
Kyoskue posted...

Seriously; go reread the Ambassador program announcement, and then honestly try to tell me that it isn't written that you're supposed to get one or the other.

It isn't written that way. You need to work on your reading comprehension. It never states anywhere "if you get a price adjustment or somehow didn't pay $249.99 for your 3DS, you're unable to receive the 20 free games."

THE ONLY stipulation for receiving the 20 free games is that you have to make your initial 3DS purchase before the 12th and connect to the eShop by 11:59 EST on the 11th. It doesn't say you can't get a price adjustment after the price drops (not that Nintendo could control that anyway).

While you may infer that the 20 games are compensation for the pending price drop, looking at what's plainly written shows that the 20 games are merely a reward for anyone that buys a system before the 12th...and that includes those of us getting the price adjustment later.

Again, it's a case of FACTS versus OPINIONS.
#78toma13Posted 8/1/2011 3:10:45 PM
TrentHawkins posted...
Were the hot wings supposed to be compensation for not getting the $2 off? No? Then the situation is not comparable.

The 20 free games are not a reward for spending $80 more for your 3DS. They are part of a promotion for being an early adopter and buying your system before August 12.

I bought a PSP Go in March, and there was a promo on where if you bought the system before March 31 you got 3 free games. I got the three free games. I also got my two free games because of the PSN outage that happened a month later. However, I only spent $75 on the PSP because it was on a clearance rack at Staples. Does that mean I cheated Sony because I didn't spend $200 on it but still got my free games? Does that mean I cheated Staples because I got the PSP at a reduced price even though it came with bonus content that wasn't advertised on the packaging?

It's the same thing if you ask me. Sometimes people are lucky enough to get a deal with the proper timing. It's not cheating anybody, it's just how things work. There are two deals and you can take advantage of both of them without bending or breaking any rules. Just because only some people are in the position to get a deal right now doesn't make them immoral people.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#79FoofyheadPosted 8/1/2011 4:55:33 PM
I think nintendo does this sort of thing all the time.

I mean, I've gotten so much free crap from Nintendo (compared to other companies). Even if it is a way to make good, I still think Nintendo cares.
---
A man should smell of sweat, not flowers.
--Selmy Barristan
#80wellingtonPosted 8/4/2011 9:54:19 AM
Cave_Lion posted...
IT's not illegal. Who gives a rats ass about morals? **** me. Look after yourself FFS.

this
---
calling all chess fans http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=576430