Nintendo DID have to give early adopters something.

#31Baha05Posted 8/1/2011 2:27:20 PM
Despite the cost being "Free" those games are highly worth the 80 dollars considering that both are out of print games and a good portion of GBA games if you don't own them can actually cost half the 20 games, I've seen Pokemon Emerald run at 40 bucks in stores, most flea markets will sell certain GBA titles for 15-20 dollars. NES games run from 5-15 dollars. And considering these aren't cheap it makes up for the 80 dollar differences and more so if the updates are going to be good.
#32Wynters387Posted 8/1/2011 2:29:25 PM
Plus the NES ones will be updated later on with multiplayer function. I think online function too. So who wants to play ice climbers online lol.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#33RelevenPosted 8/1/2011 3:00:00 PM
TC, grow up.

Gamers nowadays are a bunch of whiny children who constantly demand a console maker to give them more.

Look at all of those games that come out on the "best" collections, that come out months later at a cheaper price. It's the same exact thing only it's software now and not hardware. Either way though people who bought the game first lost alot of money on it.

Look at the PS2. It was 40,000 yen when it first came out here (JPN... that's about $470 USD), now it's 15,000 yen and what? $99 in the states. Alot of people lost big there, and they get nothing. PS2 also recieved a price cut within a year of it's release and NO ONE complained.

Seriously, this gen of gamers is godamn terrible. You guys complain about EVERYTHING. Even when people give you free crap to shut you up. You complain about 3DS costing too much. Then they lower the price and you complain about that. Then they give you free games, and you complain about that. GROW UP.

Gaming is just that. PLAYING GAMES. It's about companies making a product and people buying it. If you bought it before a price cut, TOUGH. There's no reason why a console maker should tend to your brusied ego over the sum of... what... $80 for you guys? And you wonder why older gamers, like me, treat you like children. Quit complaining or just quit gaming. While you're at it, grow up and get a job. At least then you'll realize that people giving you free things is a rare and GOOD thing.
#34kiljaedinPosted 8/1/2011 3:47:48 PM
Nintendo didnt have to give anyone anything, but they did so thats cool.

LMAO at people who buy any nintendo product at launch tho', you guys are funny.
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Kiljaedyn.png
#35Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 7:22:47 PM
Releven posted...
TC, grow up.

Gamers nowadays are a bunch of whiny children who constantly demand a console maker to give them more.

Look at all of those games that come out on the "best" collections, that come out months later at a cheaper price. It's the same exact thing only it's software now and not hardware. Either way though people who bought the game first lost alot of money on it.

Look at the PS2. It was 40,000 yen when it first came out here (JPN... that's about $470 USD), now it's 15,000 yen and what? $99 in the states. Alot of people lost big there, and they get nothing. PS2 also recieved a price cut within a year of it's release and NO ONE complained.

Seriously, this gen of gamers is godamn terrible. You guys complain about EVERYTHING. Even when people give you free crap to shut you up. You complain about 3DS costing too much. Then they lower the price and you complain about that. Then they give you free games, and you complain about that. GROW UP.

Gaming is just that. PLAYING GAMES. It's about companies making a product and people buying it. If you bought it before a price cut, TOUGH. There's no reason why a console maker should tend to your brusied ego over the sum of... what... $80 for you guys? And you wonder why older gamers, like me, treat you like children. Quit complaining or just quit gaming. While you're at it, grow up and get a job. At least then you'll realize that people giving you free things is a rare and GOOD thing.

All I read was "bitter tears".

Nintendo is giving free games because it is good for business. It is a necessary thing. And if you weren't so reactionary, you would be able to discern what I say. I never complained about the downloadable games; in fact, most threads I post in, I'm pretty enthusiastic about getting them. As an early adopter, I saved $140 - not counting the $130 worth of free games we're receiving. If Nintendo didn't do anything to the benefit of early adopters, they would be hurting the most loyal who believed in the 3DS, and only benefiting the people who were wary of it. That is bad business.

Anyone who says that $80 is not a big difference does not understand the value of a dollar, plain and simple.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#36panama_chiefPosted 8/1/2011 7:41:42 PM
kind of strange seeing people feel so carefree about a price drop so soon after the consoles release. everyone knows at some point in time the price would be reduced, but not so soon. if it were common knowledge that the wait was only 4-5 months, more people wouldve waited. Nintendo acknowledges that they are slapping the most loyal of their fans in the face and are trying to rectify it through free games.

i side with OP. as a business with a huge loyalty base (but at the same time one of the most finicky), the last thing you want to do is not acknowledge them. ive purchased all nintendo consoles on launch day and im 100% sure that if i felt ripped off by their tactics, i wouldnt be so adamant to buy their product early.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I steal things......