Nintendo stock nose dives - analysts remain unimpressed

#11PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 10:51:22 AM
Gencoil posted...
Oh, I forgot, Hiroshi Kamide is the all-seeing oracle.

Oh, I forgot, you are the all-seeing oracle.

See how hypocritical you're being?
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#12MRW1215Posted 8/1/2011 10:53:41 AM

What could they possibly be impressed with, yet? The price cut hasn't even taken effect just yet, and we're still a few months off from getting some of their heavy hitting titles.

Well, consider Kamide's quote. In essence, he saying that Nintendo's in doubt about their scheduled software line-up's ability to push system sales through the end of the year.

Everyone keeps saying "wait 'til Mario this or that" when Nintendo is saying to themselves "Eh, we dunno if that's necessarily gonna be enough."

Ah. Well, I suppose that's one way to spin it, but I think one could also argue that Nintendo simply wants every possible advantage they can have, both in getting more people to buy the device, and also in making a more attractive product with the Vita on its way by the end of the year.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MRW812158
http://backloggery.com/mrw1215
#13TowelFight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 10:54:27 AM
I like how you left out the part where analyst Yuta Sakurai also "commends the price cut as a bold decision that is likely to boost sales."

I just wanted to highlight some peritinent statements in the article, not turn the thread into a funerary dirge.

Keep in mind the entire quote gets considerably more grim after that opening statement:

He commends the price cut as a bold decision that is likely to boost sales. But it will hit earnings hard. And even if Nintendo's next major launch -- the Wii U -- goes smoothly, the company's profits are unlikely to reach anywhere near the levels during the Wii's peak, he said.

I'm just trying to keep everyone informed, not start a death watch. :)
---
PSN ID: TowelFight
#14r_m_8_8Posted 8/1/2011 10:55:46 AM
In the long run, Mario WILL boost sales. Especially if he's driving a kart. Mario Kart Wii outsells every game on PS360 by a wide margin, Mario Kart DS did great too.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#15OmegaZero633Posted 8/1/2011 11:01:14 AM
TowelFight posted...
I like how you left out the part where analyst Yuta Sakurai also "commends the price cut as a bold decision that is likely to boost sales."

I just wanted to highlight some peritinent statements in the article, not turn the thread into a funerary dirge.

Keep in mind the entire quote gets considerably more grim after that opening statement:

He commends the price cut as a bold decision that is likely to boost sales. But it will hit earnings hard. And even if Nintendo's next major launch -- the Wii U -- goes smoothly, the company's profits are unlikely to reach anywhere near the levels during the Wii's peak, he said.

I'm just trying to keep everyone informed, not start a death watch. :)

The "pertinent statements" you highlighted are all negative, and could easily fool the uninformed reader into believing Nintendo was going to fail.

And it's a given that in this age of gaming, Nintendo won't be able to replicate the success of the DS or Wii, due to Apple's domination of the 'casual' market. o.o

If you're not trying to start a funerary dirge, then you might be better off posting the entire article to avoid miscomprehension.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956.
Let me know if you want to add me so I can add you. :)
#16TowelFight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 11:08:25 AM
The "pertinent statements" you highlighted are all negative, and could easily fool the uninformed reader into believing Nintendo was going to fail.

If you're not trying to start a funerary dirge, then you might be better off posting the entire article to avoid miscomprehension.

Nothing in that piece paints a particularly rosy picture...there's really no threat of miscomprehension.

I'd say the only danger posed to an uniformed reader would be assuming it's nothing but smooth sailing for Nintendo. But that's easily remedied by reading the article.
---
#17TowelFight(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 9:44:20 PM
In the long run, Mario WILL boost sales. Especially if he's driving a kart. Mario Kart Wii outsells every game on PS360 by a wide margin, Mario Kart DS did great too.

The issue is the catch-22 Nintendo finds themself in: no system driving sales if consumers aren't compelled by the platform, no consistent AAA support unless the 3DS sells.
---
#18YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 8/1/2011 9:57:24 PM
Actually Sonys going after the Apple Iphone market with Vita, ya I know Vita doesnt come with a phone but Vita is more like a cheaper version, better version of the Iphone and plus Vita has Skype, which is basically a phone in some ways.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX