I predict by the end of the year everyone will be praising the 3DS

#21TerotrousPosted 8/1/2011 1:49:28 PM
Do people really expect Pokémon Rumble 2 to be good? The first one is one of the lowest-rated games Nintendo's ever made. Why do you think this sequel, which is $25 more expensive than its predecessor, will even be okay?

The first one was actually a pretty fun concept. If they expand upon it it could be a pretty good game.

Also, people have been begging for a Pokemon ARPG forever.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Paperboy"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#22VampiricDragon_Posted 8/1/2011 1:51:09 PM
Gnik posted...
Do people really expect Pokémon Rumble 2 to be good? The first one is one of the lowest-rated games Nintendo's ever made. Why do you think this sequel, which is $25 more expensive than its predecessor, will even be okay?

The first one was actually a pretty fun concept. If they expand upon it it could be a pretty good game.

Also, people have been begging for a Pokemon ARPG forever.

pokemon ranger........
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#23VampiricDragon_Posted 8/1/2011 1:55:51 PM(edited)
@slaysme420
yep its still low even in 2011. Look overseas. Prices are very high. DS games were sometimes 60 american dollars in japan. High in other regions too. 40 dollars is not alot of money for a game in general

And of course we are talking about new games, thats were most money that goes to developers and publishers comes from. And how we "Should" be buying games
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#24ReptobismolPosted 8/1/2011 2:26:28 PM
Pokemon Rumble was not bad. It was just hard to justify spending 15 bucks on something whose entertainment value is on par with cheap cellphone games you enjoy whenever you have an hour to waste.

Based on the news I've read, they've added a lot to it and expanded on the concept.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#25jordandrakoPosted 8/1/2011 2:30:36 PM
You forgot Heroes of Ruin.
That is definitely the most looked forward to title behind KIU, RE: R, and Kingdom Hearts: DDD in my book. It looks amazing and has a Borderlands-esque weapon system.
---
Now Playing: Monster Tale, Zelda, Magicka
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
#26miso870Posted 8/1/2011 2:32:44 PM
Praising? No. Stop dogging it? Maybe. Give the system 2 years until gamers start praising it.
#27LordAndrewPosted 8/1/2011 2:37:47 PM
r_m_8_8 posted...
Why do people always forget to mention Doctor Lautrec? Man, it's going to flop hard, and it sucks because it's looking quite nice.

It's not exactly a particularly memorable game. I'm probably not even going to know it's out until the eShop notifies me.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#28Jakerific44Posted 8/1/2011 2:53:33 PM
CorporateMinistry posted...
The 3DS and Nintendo are getting a lot of heat from everyone and a lot of people are already saying that the 3DS has failed. I predict that by the end of the year everyone will be thinking the opposite. Here's three reasons why I think the 3DS will succeed:

1. Price drop. $169.99 for a 3DS is a REALLY good price. Nintendo will be selling at a loss but this is an amazing price, especially when competing with the Vita. A better selling price isn't just good for the consumer, but third-party developers will also be more willing to make games for the system.

2. Games. A lot of us are getting 10 free NES games and 10 free GBA games. Sure, a lot of us have played these game before (sometimes played them to death), but they're still awesome games. For those who haven't played a lot of those retro games, you're in for a treat. Nintendo is also giving us Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords for free too. As for physical games, we will be having some pretty big titles by the end of the year. Nintendo alone is giving us:
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Mario Kart 7
- Pokemon Rumble Blast
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Flipnote Memo

That's just the first-party games. There's also a bunch of other titles that will be supporting the 3DS:
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
- Bit.Trip Saga
- Sonic Generations
- Shinobi
- Cave Story 3D
- Theatrythm Final Fantasy
- Rayman Origins

Quite a bit of games and there's surely more games I'm forgetting.

3. Future games. Just as important to what we get by the end of the year, is what do we have to look forward to afterwards. Again, here's a list of what Nintendo has planned after 2011:
- Luigi's Mansion 2
- Animal Crossing
- Paper Mario
- Super Smash Bros 3D
- Kirby 3D (nothing officially shown on this but it has been confirmed)
- Donkey Kong 3D (like Kirby 3D, nothing officially shown yet)

And here's some future 3rd-party titles to look forward to:
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Kingdom Harts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- Ninja Gaiden
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
- Tekken
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- Conduit

There's also hope on imports of Senran Kagura and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

Capcom has also mentioned possibly bringing over SSF4:AE or SFvsT. Nintendo also hinted that there's a small chance that Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask might get a 3D remake. Nintendo has also said that people in the Ambassador program would be getting NES games FIRST, meaning that they plan on releasing more NES or possible console games onto the eShop. Nintendo also mentioned that there might eventually be a system update that would allow us to take videos with the system. I'm sure we're also going to be hearing about A LOT more games come next year's E3.

So yes, I'm confident that by the end of the year people will be praising the 3DS. Everyone has given it such a hard time and saying it's been the biggest Nintendo failure since the Virtual Boy, but I believe that the 3DS is going to take off like a rocket. There's still a lot to look forward to.

I totally agree.
---
Once I found a Magikarp in my pajamas. How it got in there I'll never know...
#29Stefan1277Posted 8/1/2011 3:05:19 PM
Yup. I agree with TC. It's happened before, it will happen again.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)