Just out of curiousity, does the 3DS improved hardware run DS games smoother?

#1Bridge_HansonPosted 8/1/2011 11:09:01 AM
I want to pick up Metroid Prime Hunters. I know, I'm years behind on that. I heard the frame rate was around 30. Videos I've seen of the game look fine, but I'm just curious if the 3DS' hardware improvements help it out any or not.

I'll get it regardless, lol!
---
From: ghettorevival | Posted: 3/14/2011 6:30:15 PM | #006
Rocky Maiviasatellite?
#2toma13Posted 8/1/2011 12:19:07 PM
No, it plays exactly the same.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#3BlackPhoenix127Posted 8/1/2011 12:21:04 PM
Bridge_Hanson posted...
I want to pick up Metroid Prime Hunters. I know, I'm years behind on that. I heard the frame rate was around 30. Videos I've seen of the game look fine, but I'm just curious if the 3DS' hardware improvements help it out any or not.

I'll get it regardless, lol!

Most games run at 30 frames. Believe it or not, 60 frames isn't required for all kinds of games. Mostly only those that involve extremely quick movements ala fps, fighting, and fast paced action games.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#4gransPosted 8/1/2011 12:26:14 PM
The framerate in Metroid Prime Hunters is locked at 30fps. It won't increase by playing it on a faster DSi or 3DS system. It doesn't really need more than that anyways, looks great the way it is. I dunno if it helps the framerate dips i've heard of in online multiplayer however.

The only game i know of that will play at a better speed on a DSi/3DS than a regular DS is Sonic Classics Collection. A collection of Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles on the DS. It plays on a regular DS, but if you happen to have a DSi or better, it will play the games at a considerably smoother framerate (it is slightly choppy on DS). SCC was programmed to benefit from the DSi's faster clocked CPU (and in turn, the 3DS benefits as well).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#5MicroOmegaManPosted 8/1/2011 1:42:11 PM
Some people have claimed that Okamiden runs without dropping frames on a 3DS, but I don't know if Capcom ever confirmed or denied that.

As grans said, though, the game needs to be programmed to use hardware beyond what the DS has, if it is to be improved by playing on hardware beyond what the DS has (DSi or 3DS). Games made before the DSi or 3DS were put into the hands of developers have an incredibly low chance of being improved by being played on the DSi or 3DS.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,