Skipping DS, buying 3DS

#11elheberPosted 8/1/2011 12:43:07 PM
3DS + GBA Micro.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#12OoSubaruoOPosted 8/1/2011 12:45:19 PM
JOJ650s posted...
stromvancouver posted...
There is no reason to buy a DS unless you buy a lite to play GBA games on.

Yeah, but the 3DS is going to get GBA games in there eshop some year.

I am just glad I did not buy the DSI, that could have been bad.

Except, the GBA port was useful for people who already own GBA games, and don't feel the need to re-purchase them on the 3DS.
#13NoPointMadePosted 8/1/2011 12:49:41 PM
I was on the same boat as you TC.

If you don't care about GB/GBA games and looks foward: 3DS.

If you don't care about 3DS games and likes looking back: DS.

That's all you need to decide.
#14ROFLROOSTERPosted 8/1/2011 1:55:40 PM
Your thinking about skipping the DS now?
---
Official Umigorou of the B/W boards.
you can't spell Pignite without IGN
#15dynamykePosted 8/2/2011 9:42:30 AM
Well at this moment the 3DS > all in that it will have some of the best GBA games as well. Granted there is alot more not on the list but they only told us 5 of the 10 GBA titles. 3DS has GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS. Better then DS lites DS and GBA but GBA is more potent if you have the games.
#16IamDodongoPosted 8/3/2011 10:33:45 AM
Yeah, just get a 3DS. You can still play all of the great DS titles, and you'll be futureproof for the next wave of games.
#17NcudayPosted 8/3/2011 10:42:07 AM
JOJ650s posted...
I am just glad I did not buy the DSI, that could have been bad.

Eh, I bought a DSi when they first came out when I had a plain old fat DS before. I got my 3DS at launch. No regrets here, of course at this point in the game, I agree that the DSi or XL is foolish to buy. The XL is and was a bad purchase unless you didn't plan on getting a 3DS.

I've gotten plenty of use from my DSi in the past two years and still play it. And the old DS is still getting use because I pretty much gave it to my mom, who plays Wario Ware, Jewel Quest, Professor Layton and Brain Age on it, along with the various 20 dollar games she finds at Wal-Mart. All in all, I'd say they were all worthy purchases.

But yeah, TC, I agree that waiting for the 3DS (especially since the difference will be only around 30 dollars in a few weeks) is the better option.
---
You read it, you can't UNREAD it
3DS FC: Ncuday 2191-7657-4467, message me your FC if you add me!