Chances of full GBA VC Now?

#1JackstinPosted 8/1/2011 11:52:23 AM
So what do you think, increased or decreased?

Increased: confirmed GBA games for ambassadors.

Decreased: some of the biggest GBA games announced to be ambassador exclusive. If there was to be a proper GBA VC library, surely these games would be top of ninty's list for everyone.

What do you think?

And to keep in line with the rest of the topics: Boo nintendo suxorz!
#2stromvancouverPosted 8/1/2011 11:54:22 AM
Maybe later, but I don't think it will happen very soon. Maybe early in the holiday season 2012.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
http://i53.tinypic.com/30lkpz7.gif
#3EoinPosted 8/1/2011 11:55:13 AM
GBA VC is as good as confirmed. The Ambassador "exclusive" games are obviously no such thing and will be added to the GBA VC along with other GBA games. Nintendo have not written a general-purpose GBA emulator for the 3DS just to give 10 GBA games away for free and then forget about every other GBA game and every 3DS owner other than the early adapters.
#4LordAndrewPosted 8/1/2011 11:56:49 AM
I figure if they're going to make an emulator for the Game Boy Advance, they're going to use it for more than just ten free games. They'll surely sell GBA games, and perhaps even these games will eventually be sold.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#5vidalmorazaPosted 8/1/2011 11:59:23 AM
From what I see, is just a raw emulation this time, there is no save states, sleep mode, etc. Is just an emulation...

I wonder if Nintendo made the GBA decision just to the ambassador project, maybe they are gonna release more games, or put those 10 in sale, but in 2-3 years....
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC09548.jpg
#6EoinPosted 8/1/2011 12:06:20 PM
vidalmoraza posted...
From what I see, is just a raw emulation this time, there is no save states, sleep mode, etc. Is just an emulation...

Yes. It's clearly unfinished. It's clearly something that Nintendo's decision to slash the price and give away GBA games has forced them to reveal ahead of time. However, it's equally clearly something that was a work in progress.

vidalmoraza posted...
I wonder if Nintendo made the GBA decision just to the ambassador project, maybe they are gonna release more games, or put those 10 in sale, but in 2-3 years....

Now that we all know (for sure) that the GBA will be added to the VC, it probably will not be long after the 10 free games have been released that we start seeing additional GBA games. I mean - how many people are going to be interested in buying GameBoy versions of any of the free GBA games that we're getting?

I bet we'll see GBA games available to all early in 2012. Similarly, I bet the 10 Ambassador-"exclusive" games will be added within a few months of the first few GBA games being made available to all. 2-3 years....no. That's unrealistically long.
#7RoyMaster4Posted 8/1/2011 12:11:12 PM
Most of the Ambassador GBA games aren't the first choices for GBA games even though they're popular (Zero Mission before Fusion, SMA1 and 2 before 3 and 4, Nightmare in Dreamland before Amazing Mirror, etc), so I'd say it's very likely.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#8BigRappinMonkeyPosted 8/1/2011 1:56:31 PM
I think Nintendo would have to be clinically insane not put GBA games on the VC in the future. We won't see them until 2012 at the earliest, but not releasing them at all would be a wasted opportunity since they know people would eat them them.
---
That's what she said.