Phone Gaming?

#1RamPaGe74Posted 8/1/2011 2:03:53 PM
Smart phone gaming has taken a good chunk of the mobile gaming market, but do any of you honestly enjoy gaming on your phone? Games like angry birds and fruit ninja are fun........for like 5 minutes. That and I can't stand gaming with onscreen controls. What do you guys think?
---
GT/PSN: RaMpAgiNgPaNda7
#2ArrayOfNothingPosted 8/1/2011 2:07:08 PM
The games are decent if they're simple like PvZ or Final Fantasy. However, get into TF2 or Tales of XXX (or anything, really) territory, they become unplayable. Dead Space on the Ipad had crap controls, too.
---
Gamefaqs in its entirety is an unintelligent site where blind men throw blind punches.
#3AdmiralLoknarPosted 8/1/2011 2:09:25 PM
phone gaming lol
#4ArrayOfNothingPosted 8/1/2011 2:11:24 PM
Another thing:

PvZ on the iphone is horrible for me. I keep clicking the wrong areas and such. Same goes with those piano simulators.
---
Gamefaqs in its entirety is an unintelligent site where blind men throw blind punches.
#5JackstinPosted 8/1/2011 2:11:39 PM
I do. Phoenix Wright is good. I played Final Fantasy II to 100% on it and I really liked how convenient it was. Angry Birds and Cut the Rope are awesome fun.

But I still much prefer my 3DS and PS3. But I can very much see why people would spend less on physical videogames because of them.
#6BurgerTime79Posted 8/1/2011 2:12:08 PM
Until they can start releasing worthwhile phone games that use legitimate controls, they're not going to take over core gaming. The "casual" and quick buck games make up a huge majority of today's gaming market because of the new people they bring in, but that group that grew up on games or play mostly consoles are still the backbone.

You can look at how many times a phone game has been downloaded, but you can't tell from that number how many people bought it because it was just a dollar, played for a couple minutes, and then will never go back to it.
---
We need NO 3rd party characters in the upcoming Smash Bros!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?u=256817
#7PerascaminPosted 8/1/2011 2:12:28 PM
Well the 3DS is supposed to get angry birds so...
---
Thief of the Zelda woo board.
.Hack//GU is undeniably the most underrated video game series ever.
#8ArrayOfNothingPosted 8/1/2011 2:13:31 PM
The difference is that the 3DS has buttons as well as a stylus-capable touchscreen.
---
#9pnututPosted 8/1/2011 2:15:32 PM
Phone gaming...the place to get your greasy nut stained fingers all over the screen.

lol

I'll pass.
---
What did I do now?
#10psoesmPosted 8/1/2011 2:39:12 PM
Final fantasy tactics for iphone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kVWlGsh9rCY

looks bad mirite?
---
Hello. I'm Psoesm and I game on Linux!
This ad paid for by Ubuntu.