Something I don't get. People say calling it the 3DS causes confusion

#1TrentHawkinsPosted 8/1/2011 3:50:16 PM
With the DS.

I don't remember any such talk with the Gameboy Advance, though. Can't really comment on the color, since I wasn't playing handhelds at that time.
---
Jabba doesn't have time for smugglers who drop their pants at the first sign of an imperial cruiser
#2RelevenPosted 8/1/2011 4:04:44 PM
People are idiots.

Nintendo gives them $80 of free content and they complain about it. I see no reason why they also shouldn't understand the difference between a DS and a 3DS. Afterall... they're idiots.
#3KorlithielPosted 8/1/2011 4:09:38 PM
Releven, the TC was noting issues with the name. Not the price, or the discount so your complaint seems rather off-topic.

TrentHawkins, my rather young cousin and family who live near the mountains had no clue that my 3DS was different from the DS Lite without me repeatedly explaining about it and finally spending some time demonstrating the 3D.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#4KyoskuePosted 8/1/2011 4:12:14 PM
TrentHawkins posted...
With the DS.

I don't remember any such talk with the Gameboy Advance, though. Can't really comment on the color, since I wasn't playing handhelds at that time.

GameBoy Advance didn't have the same problem because most of the purchases were for major gamers that knew what they were getting.
DS sold well even outside of it's target demographic, and to those people 3DS just sounds like a DS with 3D, especially since DSi and XL are still pretty new.

There's a big difference between an adult buying their kid a new system because they wanted it for Christmas, and actually going out to buy themselves something because they know what they're getting.
#5PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 4:13:19 PM
Game Boy Advance also had a different design.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#6TrentHawkins(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 4:13:53 PM
Ah. Ok, that explains it. Just was curious.
---
Handy Guide to Modern Science: 1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's Biology.
2. If it stinks, it's Chemistry. 3. If it doesn't work, it's Physics.
#7ROFLROOSTERPosted 8/1/2011 4:14:13 PM
Viciously make out with her.
---
Official Umigorou of the B/W boards.
you can't spell Pignite without IGN
#8Wynters387Posted 8/1/2011 4:14:35 PM
OOOOH I thought this was a toke jopic playing off the topic of questionable morals.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 Currently playing Lego LoZ: OOT, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, and LoZ: LA... Can't wait for Kid Icarus.
#9JackstinPosted 8/1/2011 4:15:01 PM
It's because the DS family was so big. DS DS Lite DSi DSXL. You could forgive someone for thinking 3DS was just another semi-upgrade.
#10ROFLROOSTERPosted 8/1/2011 4:18:00 PM
After the holidays I don't think this will be a problem anymore.
---
Official Umigorou of the B/W boards.
you can't spell Pignite without IGN