What's the consensus on Netflix 3DS?

#21pj44055Posted 8/2/2011 9:16:24 AM
Despite having Netflix available on my Wii, PS3, 360, and the multiple laptops around my house, I still find myself using my 3DS the most. My 360 follows, but only because I really like the party feature. I've discovered a bunch of different animes because my friend keeps introducing me to them through the party feature.

From personal experience, I was able to watch nine 23 minute episodes one night before the light went from blue to red. In fact, I think it was in the middle, or near the end of the tenth episode before it turned red. That's around four hours of constant use! Good luck getting a typical laptop battery to last even half that.

It definitely has a long start-up time, but that's probably the longest you'll have to wait. Picture quality isn't bad, either, but you have to give it some slack due to the screen size and not being an HD screen.

In fact, Netflix was the reason I wasn't the least bit pissed about the price drop, and that was before I even found out about the 20 free games.
---
Wii FC: 3351-9107-3724-8137 Name: PJ
XBOX LIVE Gamertag/PSN ID: Vash8806
#22deggdegg2001Posted 8/2/2011 9:19:59 AM
CapnStanky posted...
Since the launch by Netflix in May, they've been adding support for more and more Android phones. The issue with it being that there's so many different versions of Android running on those phones. Google would be wiser to update everything at the same time.

Google doesn't have control over that though, it's the phone manufacturers. They have to update all of their custom UIs for the new version of Android, and they usually aren't so quick at doing that.
---
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know binary and make stupid jokes about it.
#23CapnStankyPosted 8/2/2011 10:09:14 AM
deggdegg2001 posted...
CapnStanky posted...
Since the launch by Netflix in May, they've been adding support for more and more Android phones. The issue with it being that there's so many different versions of Android running on those phones. Google would be wiser to update everything at the same time.

Google doesn't have control over that though, it's the phone manufacturers. They have to update all of their custom UIs for the new version of Android, and they usually aren't so quick at doing that.

Yep, and that's Google's fault for not fully controlling their code stream. They could demand that all phone makers use the latest software, but they chose not to. All that really accomplishes is causing confusion in consumers, and leads to one phone owner wondering why their Android phone can't run everything that another Android user's phone can.
#24krpiperPosted 8/2/2011 10:11:12 AM
its pretty good except my biggest complaint is the long start up time, but its still pretty servicable
---
http://i50.tinypic.com/29decdh.jpg
GT: krpiper
#25DeepsPrawPosted 8/2/2011 10:16:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Replace "telephone" with "3DS"
---
Justified and Ancient - Girl Gamers United
#26dougthefreshPosted 8/2/2011 2:19:16 PM
"It actually works more consistently than Netflix on my 360, and I haven't noticed any significant difference in video quality.
"

if this is the case, your TV sucks.....

anywho, its great for portable netflix!
---
Watch my webshow "The Get Down" LIVE at "www.justin.tv/onthegetdown" on Fridays at 10:30pm EST. XBL G-Tag ManTan
#27pnututPosted 8/2/2011 2:27:01 PM
It has turned out much better than I expected. Good audio/video quality, no lag. I have watched several movies and documentaries on it with zero complaints.
---
What did I do now?