I bet Pokemon Gen 6 will come out faster thanks to 3DS struggling

#31jayman7Posted 8/1/2011 8:58:07 PM(edited)
PhantomSword posted...
jayman7 posted...
DS games are not compatible with 3DS "features", so unless they print two versions of the game, it will be one or the other, not both.

I'm expecting "Gray" to be on the 3DS if it takes longer than March, unless the 3DS bombs completely before then. (And all major Pokemon releases have been in September for the last almost-a-decade, at least in Japan, so it will probably take longer than March...)

?

Game Boy Color game color to some Game Boy games, Game Boy Advance enhanced some Game Boy Color games... DSi enchanced some DS games (and 3DS).

And Nintendo has said that the 3DS will not enhance DS games.

I mean, 3D is right out, given how the 3DS displays DS games. Motion controls... maybe, but how would that work in a turn-based RPG? And what good is the FIRST camera in a turn-based RPG, let alone a second?!

And what's left, really?

I suppose there's always the "enhancements" that the Zelda: Oracle games got in the GBA, which actually had nothing to do with the GBA itself but was unavailable on the GBC just because it was (which is the only "enhancement" the GBA provided to the GBC ever, AFAIK.) That's not really showing off what the 3DS can do as the quote provided stated, now, is it?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#32Homie_202Posted 8/1/2011 8:58:25 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Not likely. Since Grey isn't even out yet.

I am thinking that will be a 3DS game. I think Black and white was going to be. I mean look at everything they were doing with the camera angles in the cities and everything. I think they intended it to be a 3DS game and then Nintendo had them make it a regular DS game.
#33PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 8:59:35 PM
It also enhanced colors, in games like Shantae...

Either way, did you look at my second link? It corroborates. I don't know how they'll do it, but that's what they say. Perhaps two separate copies, perhaps not. I'm not Nintendo :)
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#34PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 9:01:52 PM
Homie_202 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

I am thinking that will be a 3DS game. I think Black and white was going to be. I mean look at everything they were doing with the camera angles in the cities and everything. I think they intended it to be a 3DS game and then Nintendo had them make it a regular DS game.

Extremely doubtful. It was announced pretty early, and GameFreak was one of the first to get a devkit. The camera angles and what not were being worked on for some time. And besides that, the game would look awful for 3DS.
---
#35jayman7Posted 8/1/2011 9:06:16 PM(edited)
PhantomSword posted...
Either way, did you look at my second link? It corroborates.

Your second link does not, in fact, corroborate anything of the sort, except that some fans have "speculation". "Taking care of DS users" and "showing how far play can be extended on the 3DS" aren't necessarily happening within the same game (though perhaps two versions could be released, as previously suggested, I kinda doubt it.)

BTW: Shantae got enhanced colors on the GBA? Really? I'd never heard of this. Sure you weren't looking at Risky's Revenge screenshots?

FURTHER EDIT: Okay, so it brightened the colors, according to IGN. Did not know.
---
#36PhantomSwordPosted 8/1/2011 9:04:50 PM
jayman7 posted...
PhantomSword posted...
Either way, did you look at my second link? It corroborates.

Your second link does not, in fact, corroborate anything of the sort, except that some fans have "speculation". "Taking care of DS users" and "showing how far play can be extended on the 3DS" aren't necessarily happening within the same game (though perhaps two versions could be released, as previously suggested, I kinda doubt it.)

Well it could be two different games that connect. Again, I don't know. Either way, they're talking about new titles. And it's for later this year. IDK what else they could do. But I don't know.
---
#37Homie_202Posted 8/1/2011 9:05:29 PM
PhantomSword posted...
Homie_202 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Extremely doubtful. It was announced pretty early, and GameFreak was one of the first to get a devkit. The camera angles and what not were being worked on for some time. And besides that, the game would look awful for 3DS.

Yea and they got a dev kit like a year or so before they shoowed anything on the 3DS. I remember me and my friend talking about them getting a devkit for their next handheld and then like 6 or 7 months later they said it was the 3DS but never showed anything on it for another 6 or 7 months.
#38jayman7Posted 8/1/2011 9:07:31 PM
PhantomSword posted...
Well it could be two different games that connect.

Actually, given this is Pokemon, that's a very realistic possibility, now that you mention it.
---
#39CrazyhaxPosted 8/1/2011 9:52:45 PM(edited)

I mean look at everything they were doing with the camera angles in the cities and everything

It's not really that special, looks like plain stuff on a DS to me.

I think they intended it to be a 3DS game and then Nintendo had them make it a regular DS game.

That is simply absurd, you have it backwards. Amongst the early life of a new console, GF is going to be the one to want it on the DS to get themselves millions of more potential sales, while Nintendo is going to be begging them to put it on the 3DS to entice more early system sales as soon as possible. GF has a pretty consistent history of cramming in titles before a new console release, and then waiting a while to release new system material, I don't see any indication that they'd jump onto the 3DS so darn quickly, it's not like them.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506